Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.7 Puma Mpg

Seg10538

Hi everyone just wondering if the fuel economy I've just achieved yesterday is good, done a two way trip of 228 miles and using an app on my phone indicates I achieved 47 MPG ? I purposely kept the revs to just under 3000 about 60 mph as this was my first motorway run since I got the car and not long after a new set of belts etc. We also have a Fiat 500 which achieves the same economy overall , I was really pleased to get the same from the Puma is this unusual ?

We used to have a 1.7 and never achieved anything like that. It wasn't un-economical because the power to weight ratio is pretty good. It must have been a pain keeping it at 60mph.

I'd been getting about 33 around the town, to be honest it was a really bad journey loads of side winds and rain so it was pretty comfortable to keep at that speed when I did push it a bit it felt a bit light at the front, haven't owned it long and wasn't sure of its capabilities, got it booked in to sort out the rust spots around the arches etc. decided to see if I can keep the car running for as long as possible, my last Ford was a Cortina back in the 80s ! Something solid and honest with Fords that I'd forgot about

The Yamaha derived Sigma engine is great. I wish they had something similar out now as I would have one.

• 1 month later...

I've recently bought my first Puma, 1.7 too.

Took her up North at the weekend, mostly motorway and I was no way getting more that 35mpg.

I don't have the level of restraint you do obviously! 33 round town sounds similar to what I'm getting, obviously less if I'm feeling a bit 'heavy footed'

• 4 months later...

New here, but as a former Puma owner, thought I'd contribute the figures for our 02 1.7i, recently traded in for a Fiesta Ecoboost.

We used an iPod app, Road Trip, for our vehicle records, and from August 2010 to March 2014, the Puma had averaged 41.5mpg in 25,837 miles. That was mainly local trips and a 100-mile roundtrip commute twice a week, not using motorways. We thought it was great, since it wasn't always driven gently :D