Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hid Ipod Intereference And Colour Differences

K-Singh

Hi

As far as i know fiesta mk7 do not have a canbus system so today. I finally fitted some normal 35w non canbus HID's. However i noticex that on one light they were bang on and in the other a lot more whiter around 4500k i would say, they were supposed to be 6000k. Apart from a problem with the HID could this be due to one of my lights being an OEM Hella one rather than the original ford one.

Another issue i have is every time i flick them on the ipod disconnects and reconnects then comes up on screen but the audio stops only if i keep pulling the ipod cable in and out does it eventually start playing again. Has anybody else had issues with HID's i am now considering getting some good quality canbus ones can anybody recommend me some?.

Don't know why you are having these problems, but you shouldn't need a canbus system on the fiesta !!!

No it runs directly from the headlight connection, i can only assume the ballasts are messing with the electricals

Installed my hids today and i have to same problem but only when i use the lights its interfering with my radio signal?? Any ideas?

It turned out to be cheap ballasts causing the issues in my case, i swapped them out with a good quality canbus system and the problems dissappeared

Radio interference is common with HID ballasts that don't have enough shielding, make sure they're AC ballasts and not DC as it's common with cheap DC ballasts to use crappy cheap shielding. Otherwise you could always sleeve them in some aluminium if you can find something.

As for the £30 quid fleabay jobs, they'll be DC ballasts, bin them if you like your wiring loom and want reliable lights.

I use these: http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/h7-canbus-pro-hid-conversion-35w-kit/

Had them for years and they're a perfect 6000K, never had to replace any bulbs either as of yet.

Radio interference is common with HID ballasts that don't have enough shielding, make sure they're AC ballasts and not DC as it's common with cheap DC ballasts to use crappy cheap shielding. Otherwise you could always sleeve them in some aluminium if you can find something.

As for the £30 quid fleabay jobs, they'll be DC ballasts, bin them if you like your wiring loom and want reliable lights.

I use these: http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/h7-canbus-pro-hid-conversion-35w-kit/

Had them for years and they're a perfect 6000K, never had to replace any bulbs either as of yet.

on the website they say they are digital still tho?

All that means is that there's microchips in it for controlling the unit rather than a set of switches, it has nothing to do with the current.

Most of the time unless they say they're AC, they're DC ballasts unfortunately, a lot of the very blue headlights you see are DC ballasts.

cheers dave i bought the same set as you as im currently trying to return the others i have, altho the seller doesnt seem interested in refunding me my money, as he is 100% positive his hids do not cause interferance -.- long road round to seeing my money again haha!!

I use these: http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/h7-canbus-pro-hid-conversion-35w-kit/

I bought these and im still getting interference in the radio?? Can anyone help please?? Its not as bad as it was now but still there

Where are your ballasts located? Have you tried moving them around?

On mine I have one ballast attached to the horn (using the bolt that hold the horn on) and the other ballast is on top of the fuse box, I've had no issues with interference.

one is by the power steering fluid and the other is down the side of the wheel arch tied up so not near much electrical circuits at all. I'm going to try the radio antenna first check its earth but still any more ideas??

Mine are taped under the lights, i would contact the place you bought the ballasts from as high quality ones should not be causing interference

will do and going to move mine this weekend to see if it helps cheers

contacted hids direct and will see what they say, if not i have an idea of wrapping the ballasts and wiring in a Faraday cage arrangement wire copper and aluminium wound tape to keep in any interference whilst earthing the cage to the chassis by tapping the ballasts around a metal frame somewhere failing that i tape them under the headlights out of site, how much space is the under the lights to fit the ballasts and where exactly? and then ill ground the cage still using an earth cable if not back to diamond vision :/ which is not what i want lol

Theres plenty of space under the headlights, mine are just below the space under where the headlight grommet goes

mine are now there and inside a Faraday cage and still interference any more help guys? I've got some clamp on emf noise filters in the post so will try adding them when the come if that doesn't work then back to the diamond and hids being sent back or flebayed. ill try adding an additional earth to the ballasts to and see what happens.

K-Singh what ballasts do you have? I'm running hid directs 35w and still getting interference i don't get it also tried ringing and emailed hids direct and no answer or replies

mine are now there and inside a faraday cage and still interference any more help guys? I've got some clamp on emf noise filters in the post so will try adding them when the come if that doesn't work then back to the diamond and hids being sent back or flebayed. ill try adding an additional earth to the ballasts to and see what happens.

K-Singh what ballasts do you have? I'm running hid directs 35w and still getting interference i don't get it also tried ringing and emailed hids direct and no answer or replies

. The ballasts im using are the ones from eBay mentioned earlier in the thread, as far as i know they are ac ballasts. Ive noticed no difference with them on the radio whether the lights are on or off

ok cheers m8 once i have tried my last ideas i will see what happens if not ill get a set of the ballasts if not the lot will be flebayed!!!!

These are the ones I bought they are canbus even though not strictly required and also terminator which apparently help with any issues with sensitive cars. HIDS-Direct were really good with me giving me advice over which to buy.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220950994077?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

The same as i got terminator but i got them from the main website, but ive contacted them twice and nothing back from them also tried to ring them and no one answered, im trying some things to help interference but we will see what happens Haha

Cheers for the help phil