Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 1.8 Tdci 07

Jockstar

It took me about 10 minutes, but I'd never done it before and I was trying to be careful. Is it a link for the tools you want?

Yeah, I run them in the winter as they have winter tyres fitted. Are you still wanting them lol?

Well I had a go last night at fitting the illuminated ignition ring. The interior is still lying in bits as I never finished it off. I plugged the ring in to make sure it was going to work and it's operating as it should. Unfortunately I tried to slip the wiring in behind the A pillar without removing the A pillar cover and one of the connector blocks fell off! Two wires had been wedged into the same connector which was fine, but it must have been loose. Luckily I was able to fish out the connector behind the A pillar using a small pair of pliers. It was a ball hair away from falling down into the back of the dash, so that was a lucky escape. Anyway, my friend turned up who has experience doing wiring and fixed the connector.

I really need to get the A pillar cover detached but it doesn't want to budge and I'm concerned I'll break it. I also need to see if my Bojo tools will remove the OBD trim as I've removed the screw, but it still feels solid. I'm planning on making a guide to do this as I found it quite confusing to begin with.

In the meantime I'll keep fit and cycle to work!

I also checked my passenger side seat wiring connector which appears to have wiring going to four connectors, despite the driver's side only having three. I then checked my fuse box and I have a fuse in place for an electric seat. I'm wondering if my loom was for a left hand drive car as my Focus was built somewhere abroad (it never shows up on the Ford computer using my registration, I have to use the chassis number). I couldn't test my theory as the electrical seat connectors are sided (I was going to plug the connector into the driver's seat outside the car).

I'll get some pictures up once I break the rest of my interior :lol:

You don't need to pull the a pillar trim off, just pull off the door seal and tuck the cable in behind the trim.

If you remove the sun visor and mounts then you have access to run the wiring from the top of the pillar trim up over the top of the headlining.

To remove the obd panel you just need to firmly pull it, make sure you don't pull so hard that you break the obd cable though.

When the panel is loose I'd recommend you remove the port from the trim, push the 2 metal clips outwards and the port slides out.

Let us know how you get on.

Remember, patience is important. ;)

What a f**king pain in the !Removed! that was. But I got there :D

IMG_16881_zps262ca097.jpg

IMG_16891_zps03f2388c.jpg

Very happy with the end result! Thanks for your help Stoney.

• Like 2

Just read through your thread buddy, very impressed. Cars looking great. Looking forward to see how you get the seats wired in!

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

What a f**king pain in the !Removed! that was. But I got there :D

Very happy with the end result! Thanks for your help Stoney.

Welcome to the glowing ring club :d

Always glad to be of service :)

I've got a glowing ring and fancy heater knobs. Do I get a badge of honour now? :)

Thanks for reading Kiefer. Hopefully a few more mods on the way!

that's why you got the original ones on lol.

yea if I think the price is right lol

I just noticed on the way home that my airbag light has come on. Could my replacement passenger seat have caused this? I put a bag on top of the passenger seat (not that heavy, just a bottle of water). Could this have triggered something?

How's the heated seat wiring coming along buddy? Interested in doing this myself maybe.

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

To be honest, I'm still not 100% certain my seats are heated. I'm assuming that they are because they seem to have just about everything else attached to them. I know that I don't have a fuse in my fusebox for heated seats, so I'm assuming that the wiring behind the centre console demister buttons will also be missing. In which case it might be tricky for me to make everything work.

The car is booked in Friday next week to get the following:

1. Swap the pretensioners over in a bid to get rid off the airbag light

2. Get power to the driver's seat so that it will move

3. Use a hole saw to make holes in the rear door cards for manual window winders. I don't think it's worth the hassle and cost to retrofit rear electric windows when I'm usually in the car by myself.

4. Get my mk2.5 lights wired and fitted as well as my rear boot lid Ford badge brake light.

I'll update this with any progress.

I've also bought 2nd hand wheels from eBay. Let's hope they turn up!

• Like 3

If they're leather with electric height adjustment, the fronts will be heated, John.

You could possibly retro fit the wiring; the loom you need is the underfloor loom, you'd also be looking at a new fuse box (which would need coding to your vehicle and keys)

That would be a dash out job if I remember rightly!

Alternatively, you could bypass all Ford wiring and wire them in yourself. This guide could be of use (although for the MK3 I think)

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=302301

• Like 2

I've resigned myself to the fact that the wiring for the driver's seat is going to have to be non-standard, but if it's neat and done properly I don't mind. The guy who I booked my car in with suggested taking a wire from the ignition feed, that way the seats will work when the ignition is on.

The driver's seat has a button for moving forwards and backwards and a button for the backrest tilt. I don't think it has electric height adjustment like the Mondeo we have.

I've resigned myself to the fact that the wiring for the driver's seat is going to have to be non-standard, but if it's neat and done properly I don't mind. The guy who I booked my car in with suggested taking a wire from the ignition feed, that way the seats will work when the ignition is on.

The driver's seat has a button for moving forwards and backwards and a button for the backrest tilt. I don't think it has electric height adjustment like the Mondeo we have.

Wouldn't he be better running a wire from the ignition feed to a relay. So the seats are powered directly from the battery? I'd guess they'll draw quite a bit of current?.. Although I may be wrong

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club