Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Advise With Egr Electric Problem

fordEM

Hi, newbe here!

I have a 56 plate mondeo 2.2 ST and for some time now nearly every journey the car goes into limp mode and had an error code at the garage telling us it's the electrics to the EGR that is the problem (the egr itself is squeaky clean)

Is there a cheap option to clean electrics some how instead of paying out for a new valve.

Hellllp please... It's driving me crazy!

if you undo the 4 screws on top the electric parts inside the little push rod pushes the plunger open which lets out the gasses there prone for packing up.being a diesel ur better off blanking off egr valve witha solid blank.about £6 off eBay compared to the £100 quid ford want for egr valve

Thanks for the reply, will have a look at that....

Thing is if I get it blanked off I will have to pay to get it mapped to get rid of the EML. If all fails will just have to put my hand in my pocket and pay out for a new one. Can get one for £147 on eBay. Just trying to find a cheap fix :/

Now, I'm not sure about the 2.2 ST but apparently, the EGR from an X-Type Jaguar is an identical part to the one on a 2.0 TDCi, and is half the price of what Ford will charge you.

So that might be worth looking into before you go off spending money elsewhere.

Anyhoo, before you do any of that it might be worth unplugging the EGR and giving the electrics a quick squirt of electrical switch/contact cleaner (Maplins do a Servisol one for about £3 a tin). I say this a lot but I'm going to say it again - do NOT be tempted to use WD40 on electrics - it will wreck them. Even if it doesn't help, £3 is next to nowt, and it's very handy stuff to have around.

Ahh cheers. I'm glad you said that as I was thinking wd40!

Yes the egr for that price on eBay is the jag x one that I was looking at. Think it's about 300 for the ford!

Apparently, WD40 now also make an electrical contact cleaner. Which to be honest, is only going to add to the confusion as it's cunningly called "WD40 contact cleaner". Got to wonder if they claim it's good for cleaning contact lenses....

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club