Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 1.8 Tdci Cambelt Advise

Chinny

Hi all

I have had my cambelt and water pump done last week but now noticed a slight whining noise from cambelt which I think it has been over tightened, my question is if I adjust the tensioner will it be ok as I know you can't refit a timing belt on these engines can anyone advise please

Also when crankshaft is locked up will the ip sprocket be locked or is it free spinning being a common rail diesel?

Many thanks

I'd advise if you had the cambelt done at a garage take it back to them as if you touch anything and it goes wrong your naffed if they did the job and it goes wrong they pay .

It was a mate that done it for me because I couldn't be bothered but wish I done it now

I would say give it a go, but adjust in tiny increments, dont go nuts!

I've checked the timming tension and it just past the cut out notch on tensioner so would only need to knock it off by about 4mm but as it's not to far out if I do slacken it off would it risk the belt failing as I'm not removing it, my main consern is damaging the seals with it being over tight

There is possibility that if you move it that much it could fail.

IMHO, your best bet is to get it to an independant garage. Its cheaper to pay them an hours labour just to tighten it up, than to reep the costly repair bills later.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club