Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quick Question

Valleyboy22

Hi all I hope everyone on here had a good xmas?

Got my 58 plate 1.6 style focus just before xmas had had to wait for a new stereo to be fitted because the one in there was playing up. Anyway I not used it much over the hols but now gearing up to go back to work after the holidays im starting to drive it around a little more.

I am new to a focus coming from a peug 307 so all things regarding it are new. I have noticed it seems to judder sometimes in gear but wondering if its down to my driving or is this normal for the focus? Happens sometimes when going down hills if in fourth and under 30mph? Am I just being a bit paranoid as its a different car to my previous because I have a 3month warranty on it and if something is wrong I rather get it sorted now while under it?

Cheers all

What revs do you find the vibration? what mileage and fuel type is the car and what is the service history like?

Thanks for the reply. It's a petrol full service history. It's not vibrating but what I can describe it as jerking when go slower just before dropping gears. I'm used to a diesel and was told this can be normal and it's that I'm not used to it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

Sorry forgot to says it's done 55,000 miles.

Sound more like an engine mount mine jerks a bit too but im unable ti determine which one

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Ford OC mobile app

Is it worth having it looked at while under warranty or I might take it to my local mechanic to see what he think first.

It could be a bit of your driving, if you are driving it like a diesel. The 16v engine likes to be revved a bit so maybe you need to change down much earlier.

• Like 1

Yeah I was told that from a mate in work, so think I will see how it goes.

As its under warranty, raise it as a concern to the garage. The worst that happens is they cant find a fault, then your warranty expires. The best that can happen, is they find a fault and fix it, or the warranty expires.

Then, when the issue gets worse after warranty, you can tell them that you raised this issue to them during the warranty period and thus the problem is exactly the same and should be replaced under warranty, even though the warranty has expired.

:D

It could be a bit of your driving, if you are driving it like a diesel. The 16v engine likes to be revved a bit so maybe you need to change down much earlier.

i agree. i have found that if i change gear too early the engine doesnt like the low revs and feels as if it is beginning to stall. is this how it feels in yours? not as violent as a stall but when you put your foot down to increase the revs it is a bit jerky till the revs pick up again.

Yeah sounds spot on. Is this normal then?

well I decided to ring evans halshaw where I got the car from and told them my concerns and rather it checked under warranty than leave it. They said I can take it back to the garage or means im local to where they are they do a collect, so got it booked in for the 27th so see if its just me or the car lol

good call on playing the warranty card. It seems a long time off though!

Yeah sounds spot on. Is this normal then?

Well it's normal for mine but don't know if it's the same for all. Hoping it is so I don't have a fault with mine too lol

Lee

Could not fit me in the Ford garage until then so guess I gotta wait. Seems like when I put my foot down in third it feels like juddering until it evens out. Well if all the same then I will be happy but weird it does that.

Well my car is being looked at on Friday so will go from there. It Def don't feel right at all and I hope if there is a problem it can be sorted out.

It might be the EGR valve to be honest, dont be surprised if Ford offer to sell you a new one.

Thanks for the reply. Not all up on mechanics sorry so what does that do exactly and if they run a diagnostics on it will it show up. Hope in hell in paying for a new one lol. Car done seem to feel right at all when driving.

The EGR valve is the Exhaust Gas Recirculation.

Its a valve that opens to let the exhaust gas go out, and gets put back into the engine. The "benefits" are that it helps combustion and reduces pollutants from the car. The Negatives are everything.

Basically it can fill up with carbon from the exhaust and choke. This causes dodgy readings on the sensors, or a slight wiring fault on a sensor can cause the car to go into limp mode, but just being choked up with some dodgy readings can be more than enough to throw the car into a rough running cycle.

Ford will claim they cant clean it or fix the valve and so might suggest that you need to buy a new one at around £400 - £600...

!Removed! he'll not cheap then. Well if they refuse to sort it if that is what it is then I will go to trading standards because what is a warranty if parts not covered.

Well my car is going into ford for a check up to see what is wrong with it. Let's see if they come up with anything because it's def not right.

fingers crossed its identified and fixed for free!

Yeah I hope so and I can assure that I won't be paying money out after it cost just over 5 grand and only done 300 miles in it.

Well the garage just Rang and said I need new spark plugs so I'm waiting to have it delivered back to my works so fingers crossed it was that. It's covered u dear warranty so not paying.

hopefully that is the long term fix!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club