Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cracked Heated Windscreen Grrr

alkyz89

Just a quick question just noticed a crack on my windscreen :(

Had a stone chip just below the window wipers on the black part of the glass (not visible from inside the car) obviously didnt know it was there until now!

Question being how much would this cost to replace?

If you have windscreen cover on your insurance and depending on the maximum amount it covers, it will be the standard excess, which is £70 I think.

had mine done and it was £100 due to it being a heated screen ,the only good thing was i had the dreaded fault of only half the screen working before and now its all good

my excess is £65 but it says it will cover a max of £90 after excess is subtracted so im guessing that mean if the windscreen comes to more than £155 ill have to pay the rest ??

if your in nw part of greater london, can message you a number for a mobile guy that fits 2nd hand screens

any ideas how much id be looking at?

looking through my insurance documents they only cover £90 worth IF i use someone they dont reccomend...

so it should only cost me £65 lol

65quid is good considering a new heated screen would of cost 400quid

i think it's 70quid for me if i use the insurers recommended insurer, which is autowindscreens, not autoglass

had to use em twice now

once when my rear screen exploded when the tail gate unexpectedly slammed shut about 6months or so ago, that was a 70quid excess

and most recently the other week when a lorry i was stuck behind kicked up a load of grit on an a road which pinged of me windscreen with enough force to chip it next to me rear view mirror

luckily i clocked the chip before it could turn into a crack so it only cost me a 25quid excess for a repair n didnt need to be replaced

On my insurance (Liverpool Victoria), I only had to pay the £75 excess.

Cheers for the replys!! Yea im with hastings direct and its only £65... happy days!!

Its just a pain in the *** if the !Removed! infront would of had a set of mudflaps i might not be in this situation lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club