Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2.5 Travelpilot Ex Bluetooth

FocusHunter

I am a happy owner of a Focus Titanium 07plate 2.0 Auto

The car is fitted with Travelpilot Ex and been searching and looking to find if it does have bluetooth built in or no.

On the screen I can see bluetooth is set to off and its not possible to switch it on.

Is there something missing?

post-49301-138902605625_thumb.jpgpost-49301-138902607554_thumb.jpgpost-49301-138902608783_thumb.jpg

Hi Winko,

As per my other post, do you have the "VOICE" button on the radio stalk to the left of the steering wheel?

Thanks for your reply and help, yes there is Voice.

post-49301-138902880008_thumb.jpg

There can be a few reasons why the Bluetoooth functionality can not be switched on.

1. The Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module is not recognised correctly by the radio or has developed an error.

2. The Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module is defective.

First you can try to disconnect the battery for a while or remove the radio fuse for a while to reset the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module. Before you do this make sure you have the correct radio security code. If this does not solve the problem the module can be considered defective.

Above the glovebox behind the dashboard. To get access to the module you have to remove the glovebox first.

When pressing on Voice nothing is happening. So can I assume the module is indeed defective?

Is it easy job to remove the glove box?

Anything I need to be aware of? Not to trigger any airbag sensor or so? Should I unplug the battery while removing the glovebox or the bluetooth module?

Managed to remove the glove box, and I am able to see the bluetooth module its a Nokia 7M5T-19G488-AD

Trying to find one on eBay but nothing ;) is it for sure the module faulty? How can I remove the module? its very narrow and tight there...

Here we have it, Nokia bluetooth module... No wonder so many faulty of these... They are made by Nokia!

7m5t-19g488-ad and some say the last three digits are for language? AD= English and Spanish

post-49301-138909126301_thumb.jpg

A = English and D = the version number of the module.

If your module is defective you need a module with part number 7M5T-19G488-A(X). The X stands for the version of the module and can be any letter. A higher letter in alphabetical order means that the the module is newer. All versions of the module with this part number should be interchangeable.

So does this bluetooth system supports A2DP? With the Travelpilot Ex and Noki's bluetooth module? or is it just meant for phone?

Your car has the old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system. This system does only support Phone. The modules of this system can not be updated. Some newer phones may not work correctly with this system.

The newer Bluetooth/voicecontrol which was available in the Focus MK2.5 after a certain production date was available in 2 versions. The standard Bluetooth/Voicecontrol does support phone only and the Ford Sound and connect system does support Phone, USB and A2DP. All modules of the newer system can be updated to solve compatibility problems on some newer phones.

Modules, wiring and radio's of the old and newer system are different and are not interchangeable.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club