Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth Install Guide?

GothicRebel

Taped up on the left hand side right next to the opening of the glovebox hole

Updated my thread with details of the retrofit kit install

Anyone know if the bluetooth VC USB module ending in AP would work ok? Ordering in the retrofit cable in about ten mins.

Anyone know if the Bluetooth VC USB module ending in AP would work ok? Ordering in the retrofit cable in about ten mins.

Check if it has a mini usb plug on it as they are the later versions and I think most of the ones with mini usb have bluetooth streaming too?

All modules with USB support do also have A2DP (bluetooth Audio).

Initially only modules (with USB support) with part number 8M5T-19C112-AM and later did support A2DP. The modules with part number 8M5T-19C112-AK did originally not support A2DP but after the Ford Audio Update these modules also support A2DP.

Nice one gents.

Again Thank you for all your help.

Wish I had the cable but you can't have everything.

Thanks Gents. Will update my build thread when the cable arrives thurs.

Had a thought gents. After getting the wrong retro fit cable for the bluetooth VC USB module I noticed that the cable has the mic connector. But it wasn't long enough to reach all the way up to my mic. Now when the newer retrofit cable arrives I guess the mic cable also won't be long enough. So I traced the current cable I have from my interior light.post-19574-139030461172_thumb.jpg

With mic attached.

post-19574-139030465907_thumb.jpg down my left brace to this socket.

post-19574-139030470623_thumb.jpg

When the new retrofit cable arrives. How do I connect it up?

9. Wires go into this grey connector but only 3 come out.

post-19574-139030481772_thumb.jpgpost-19574-139030483107_thumb.jpg

The retrofit kit uses a different type of microphone which is mounted on the A-pillar cover. This is because not all Focus MK2/MK2.5 models have the large interior light frame with mounting hole for the microphone and the retrofit kit must be universal for all Focus models.

If you want to use the microphone in the interior light frame you have to extend the microphone wiring.

Fantastic that answered that.

I guess I'd have to splice cables together. Does it matter which cable is connected to which other?

The microphone is connected to Pin 3 and 4 of the bluetooth module connector.

Pin 3 = Microphone + (White/Red wire). Goes to Pin 1 of the A-pillar connector and further to Pin 1 of the microphone connector.

Pin 4 = Microphone - (Black wire). Goes to Pin 2 of the A-pillar connector and further to Pin 2 of the microphone connector.

Wire colors of the retrofit cable may be different.

Thanks JW.

To update the info on the BT module. Lenny said about a ELM 327 obd 2 connecter?

Ive borrowed one off a friend which is bluetooth but cant seem to understand how to use elm config.

It asks about hi cam switch or something and errors

Anyone got any info in what i need to do?

Be careful using elm config with a bluetooth adapter. You really need a modified cabled adapter. They are only 20 quid and are useful anyway for reading error codes switching on/off features

The VCM is on M-CAN, if I remember correctly. The bluetooth adapter if anything will only do either M-CAN or H-CAN . I wouldn't risk it and get the proper thing. bluetooth adapters are good for reading stuff but I wouldn't be writing with one in fact I'm not 100% it can even do it. You don't want to brick anything.

I posted a link in one of your threads. Member dezwez sells the modified adapters you can also get them on eBay.

Be careful using elm config with a Bluetooth adapter. You really need a modified cabled adapter. They are only 20 quid and are useful anyway for reading error codes switching on/off featuresThe VCM is on M-CAN, if I remember correctly. The Bluetooth adapter if anything will only do either M-CAN or H-CAN . I wouldn't risk it and get the proper thing. Bluetooth adapters are good for reading stuff but I wouldn't be writing with one in fact I'm not 100% it can even do it. You don't want to brick anything.I posted a link in one of your threads. Member dezwez sells the modified adapters you can also get them on ebay.

Roger that. I'll try and find the link you gave me. Rather buy off someone on here then eBay.

I downloaded the torque pro app for my Galaxy tab 10.1 and with the bluetooth adaptor my mate let me use it works fantastic.

Which will help for an up coming mod ive got in mind. (secret) :p

Now where be the linky....

Just learnt the new retrofit cable is on it's way to me as we speak.

Hopefully I will have sound this time.

Will update when I give it ago.

IT'S ALIVE! IT'S ALIVE!

She works perfectly. Sound via USB and Bloothooth the lot.

Still no VC but ive got a cable coming from delboy so soon i can update it with my VIN. VC will be a winner.

Thank you everyone for the help.

Oh JW, the retrofit cable mic leed is also black, white/red. Easy to connect together.

IT'S ALIVE! IT'S ALIVE!

She works perfectly. Sound via USB and Bloothooth the lot.

Still no VC but ive got a cable coming from delboy so soon i can update it with my VIN. VC will be a winner.

Thank you everyone for the help.

Oh JW, the retrofit cable mic leed is also black, white/red. Easy to connect together.

Well pleased for you Andy. Glad you finally got it working! It's so satisfying when you've been getting frustrated with something for ages and you finally sort it! :D

Welcome to the world of bluetooth and USB B)

Hi guys,

Greetings from Bulgaria!

I have been reading the thread with great interest as I am missing the USB feature so much. My headunit complies with the requirements from the jamesm182's guide:
- Already have the bluetooth/VC working
- The firmware version is 5.3.3
The car is a 2011 Focus 2.5
@jamesm182: This is a great guide!

I have bought a bluetooth voice connectivity USB module (8M5T-19C112-AN) and went to the local Ford dealer to install it. They told me that it would probably not work. According to them, in order the headunit to be able to work with USB, besides having a proper module, the USB option should appear when you press the "CD/AUX" button. Currently the "CD/AUX" button on my unit switches between CD and AuxIn but the USB option is missing. Therefore (according to them) the headunit would not know how to work with USB sticks even though the black box module supports it.

Anyway, I want to give the module a try. I would like to ask the guys who already made the USB running whether the USB option used to appear on the unit screen prior installing the new module.

Thank you!

No the option for USB / bluetooth only appeared when I connected my bluetooth module. Before connection. I only had CD and AUX. Nothing else.

No the option for USB / Bluetooth only appeared when I connected my bluetooth module. Before connection. I only had CD and AUX. Nothing else.

Same here ford are talking rubbish

Hi guys,

Greetings from Bulgaria!

I have been reading the thread with great interest as I am missing the USB feature so much. My headunit complies with the requirements from the jamesm182's guide:

- Already have the bluetooth/VC working

- The firmware version is 5.3.3

The car is a 2011 Focus 2.5

@jamesm182: This is a great guide!

I have bought a bluetooth voice connectivity USB module (8M5T-19C112-AN) and went to the local Ford dealer to install it. They told me that it would probably not work. According to them, in order the headunit to be able to work with USB, besides having a proper module, the USB option should appear when you press the "CD/AUX" button. Currently the "CD/AUX" button on my unit switches between CD and AuxIn but the USB option is missing. Therefore (according to them) the headunit would not know how to work with USB sticks even though the black box module supports it.

Anyway, I want to give the module a try. I would like to ask the guys who already made the USB running whether the USB option used to appear on the unit screen prior installing the new module.

Thank you!

Thanks for your comments about the guide.

As above, they don't know what they're talking about. I only had bluetooth and voice control before and I did not get the USB option until I changed the module.

As per my guide as long as you have the new enough software in your radio then it should work. I would imagine it will being a 2011 car as mine is a 2008 with the Sony head unit and I got it to work.

The module you have bought should work fine. Does it have the mini USB connection though or is it a Ford proprietary connection? The mini USB version on the newer modules allows for the use of a cheap generic cable where as the older versions require you to buy cables from Ford. Should still work though. The newer modules also have support for bluetooth audio although I'm not sure exactly when that feature came in.

Let us know how you get on. :)

Thank you for the replies, guys!

Well, the local Ford dealer is famous with not having a clue about the cars they sell but I though that they should at least have the documentation on what Ford parts are capable of. The module I bought has the standard miniUSB port and I will go with the cheap cable :) I got the module from eBay and the seller wrote that it has been taken from a 2010 Fiesta.

As I obviously cannot trust the dealer, I am going to change the module myself. Do I need to disconnect the battery as a precaution measure first? If yes, is there any routine on connecting the battery back? I read different opinions on the internet varying from "do nothing" to "you need to restore ECU settings with proper cable and software"

Thank you for the replies, guys!

Well, the local Ford dealer is famous with not having a clue about the cars they sell but I though that they should at least have the documentation on what Ford parts are capable of. The module I bought has the standard miniUSB port and I will go with the cheap cable :) I got the module from ebay and the seller wrote that it has been taken from a 2010 Fiesta.

As I obviously cannot trust the dealer, I am going to change the module myself. Do I need to disconnect the battery as a precaution measure first? If yes, is there any routine on connecting the battery back? I read different opinions on the internet varying from "do nothing" to "you need to restore ECU settings with proper cable and software"

No mate you dont need to disconect the battery. Just remove the glove box and change the module to the new one. Instantly the radio should detect it. And give you the USB option when pressing the Aux button.

Really easy to do.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club