Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth Install Guide?

GothicRebel

IT'S ALIVE! IT'S ALIVE!

She works perfectly. Sound via USB and Bloothooth the lot.

Still no VC but ive got a cable coming from delboy so soon i can update it with my VIN. VC will be a winner.

Thank you everyone for the help.

Oh JW, the retrofit cable mic leed is also black, white/red. Easy to connect together.

Pleased you got it working Andy, it would be useful if you could add some guidance for others wanting to do this and find that some of the wiring is missing.

Thank you for the replies, guys!

Well, the local Ford dealer is famous with not having a clue about the cars they sell but I though that they should at least have the documentation on what Ford parts are capable of. The module I bought has the standard miniUSB port and I will go with the cheap cable :) I got the module from ebay and the seller wrote that it has been taken from a 2010 Fiesta.

As I obviously cannot trust the dealer, I am going to change the module myself. Do I need to disconnect the battery as a precaution measure first? If yes, is there any routine on connecting the battery back? I read different opinions on the internet varying from "do nothing" to "you need to restore ECU settings with proper cable and software"

Welcome Drake, you should be fine swapping the modules yourself and the USB and A2DP function will work straight away however you will most probably loose voice control functionality! this is because a second hand module will have the vin number of the previous car encoded onto it. The vin number will need to be changed to the same as you car for the module to be recognised on the CAN (network)

Pleased you got it working Andy, it would be useful if you could add some guidance for others wanting to do this and find that some of the wiring is missing.

I plan on making a guide. Tonight i'm going to be fitting the new center console with the usb aux and power inside the arm rest compartment.

Hopefully have time to make one tomorrow. In about an hour i'm going to connect the mic cable from the new retrofit cable to the internal mic wire.

Welcome Drake, you should be fine swapping the modules yourself and the USB and A2DP function will work straight away however you will most probably loose voice control functionality! this is because a second hand module will have the vin number of the previous car encoded onto it. The vin number will need to be changed to the same as you car for the module to be recognised on the CAN (network)

There is no need to change the VIN number. A module with a different VIN number will also work fine on a Focus MK2/MK2.5. The only thing that must be configured is the vehicle type. A module from a Mondeo MK4, S-max/Galaxy, Fiesta MK7 or Focus MK3 does not work correctly in a Focus MK2/MK2.5 C-max MK1.5 or Kuga MK1 because these vehicles use a different configuration.

I sell a lot of used Bluetooth/Voicecontrol modules. On these modules I delete the VIN number (change the VIN number for zero's) and configure the modules for the correct vehicle type the buyer wants. This way the modules are plug and play.

Wish I would of known that JW lol

Oh my elm 327 cable came this morning. I can finally get VC working tonight. :)

Hopefully install the new arm rest console with USB aux power dicey and in a happy man

• Like 1

Finally got a USB stick 64gb fat32. I've added over 4k worth of music but it's only listing 1024. Any idea why I can't play the rest of the tracks?

I installed my USB module and now USB/Bluetooth audio works :)

As expected, the voice control does not work but this is going to be fixed at a later point in time

Thanks for your support!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi Chaps

I have retrofitted the ford bluetooth system using the original parts and modules, the only problem i have is that i cannot find the where the audio patch cable goes, i have the same glovebox cabling as Gothic Rebel, i know that this is the problem as i can make calls and play/control music using head unit but cannot hear it through the Speakers. Any help or ideas would be grateful i gave up on it last autumn but aim 99% there except no audio! As usual i asked ford to have a look and they have no idea as usual! I have a Focus Titanium 09 Plate.

Ok so you the mic installed.

bluetooth module installed the main cable installed that goes from the bluetooth module to the back of the head unit.

You just don't have any sound?

What mk focus do you have.

I think you might have the wrong cable from the BT mod to the HU.

I had this problem and found out I had the mk1 cable. Soon as I swapped to the newer one. Everything worked perfectly.

Somewhere in this guide I think, is the part number for the newer cable. I warn you. It's not cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Andy

Thank you so much for the reply!

The finis number i got for the cable i bought was 1467152, i believe my focus is a mk2.5 facelift model, (build date 26/6/09) so i will need finis number 1667645.

The whole thing had drove me absolutely mad as i was ripping my panels apart to try and locate this audio patch.

In hindsight i should have just brought the novero kit, i have installed the usb in the armrest so would like not to just give up on it!

Looks like it will be a needle in a haystack to try and find this cable now!

Luke

Wish I would of known that JW lol

Oh my elm 327 cable came this morning. I can finally get VC working tonight. :)

Hopefully install the new arm rest console with USB aux power dicey and in a happy man

Did you sort out the usb in armrest, its a bit of a faff to get off but worth it in the long run!

If you check the link I posted. Check the finis number of the cable you have against the two in the other post. I've a feeling like me you have the cable for the older model focus.

And will need the newer one.

Yes. It cost my a lot of money in the end but I wanted all my stuff to be factory fitted. Eg not the nevreo side as you get a universal mic.

Where I have the mic housing, so thought to make use of it.

I also fitted the USB arm rest. Took a hour or so work as the one I got from

A scrappy had connections for push button start where the forward cig socket is.

So removed that moved wires from the old one to the new.

Routed the Aux wiring from up by the glove box down to where the aux socket is by the USB.

All wired up and works a treat.

I use the power socket in the arm rest to charge my iPhone, which sits perfectly in the little cradle.

USB does take a while to get going after turning the key. But I love it all

Yes i wanted all my bits to be to a factory fitted standard, i have received a quote for £130+ for the cable Finis number 1667645 will just gamble on it as you said i think i have done the same as you and bought the wrong bluetooth head unit cable initially!

Thanks for your replies.

One quick question when you received the new loom was the mic long enough as i found with the other loom i had to unravel it to make it reach!

You're most welcome. Yes just long enough. JUST!

In my pics, I bought a mic, which fit perfect into the housing and connected to the cable which bunched up with other cables, ran across the roof to the passenger side and down the a pillar to a grey block. Which was about dashboard level. The wires stopped at this grey block I had to splice them by cutting them before the grey block and using connecter blocks connect it to the mic wire on the main cable.

post-19574-1395728281_thumb.jpg

Wires going to grey block but none coming out.

post-19574-139572837601_thumb.jpg

And here's the connector blocks connecting to the mic wire on the main cable.

I can't believe after all this time it was the wrong cable that was causing the problems.

Andy (Gothic Rebel) thank you so much for actually having a solution that works!

Plugged the new retrofit loom in this morning, split the microphone cable away from the main loom (i didn't fancy splitting the cable and rejoining it with other cable) then retaped with amalgamation tape tested connection before i put it all back in place in the car and its now its fully working .

Only downside now is that i have a spare cable for a mk2 that i don't need, with both mic and audio patch cables and a sliced finger when cutting the tape!

• Like 2

I can't believe after all this time it was the wrong cable that was causing the problems.

Andy (Gothic Rebel) thank you so much for actually having a solution that works!

You are most welcome. Great feeling isn't it when you plug it all in and..., you hear the music. :)

Glad you got it all working.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

hi, this may sound like I'm a bit thick but where do you plug the mic in ??? cheers chris

do you have to use the steering wheel voice button because I have the one with out the button ,,so do I have the change it over to one that has the voice button...???? chris...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all , I have been following this post I have fitted mic , module , and a Sony gen 2 , have put into car and it all works !!!! well I say it works ..the phone is paired up to the Sony radio, Comes up on the screen phone connected it shows who your phoning but no sound out of the Speakers ,,, now I have not put the voice control unit on the steering yet (still got old one there) that has no voice button ,.. So would this cause the sound not to come through the Speakers .... do I hav to get the control unit to fit on steering column with the voice button.....cheers chris

The radio remote without VOICE button does not affect the audio of the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system. Installing a radio remote with VOICE button will not solve your problem.

• Like 1

what is the problem ... cheers chris..... and how do I solve it ????

I have SONY UNIT green button and red button and the screen and buttons light up red it is an oval shape,

module 1 = 8M5T-19G488-AK ... put this one in and phone paired but no sound from Speakers but all working on the unit screen

module 2 = 8M5T-19G488-AM .... same thing happened as before all working but no sound ....

mic = RE56-1 From a 2007 -2008 s-max....

Chw1. It sounds like you've the wrong cable that goes from the bluetooth module to the back of the Sony unit. If you read back on the problem I had. See if it sounds like what you are experiencing.

• 4 months later...