Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brake Problem Help!

Amy22

I've had my 2013 Fiesta for 6 months now and it's been a joy to drive. I haven't driven it for a week due to bad weather here and now the brakes kind of pulsate when I'm stopping. It's not the brake pedal itself but it feels like the whole car jolts.... Is this normal for not driving for a week? Help!

i have the same when i don't use the car for more than 3 days, so id say it was just sticky brakes bouncing about and gripping when they shouldn't so id say its fine but may not be, never caused me any problems

The brake discs will rust in this lovely wet weather, the pulsing is the rust being worn off. Nothing to worry about.

• Like 2

As above its just the rust and oxidization rubbing off, although if it doesn't wear off after a few stabs of the pedal i would perhaps lean towards having the discs and pads checked by ford in case the discs have warped or the pads are worn unevenly, best thing to do if possible after leaving the car for a couple of days is to use the brakes quite hard the first time this normally clears mine.

• Like 1

i know this isnt the same but didnt want to start a new topic, but since ive had my mk 7.5 zetec s ive noticed alot of brake dust on the front alloys, is this only happening to mine and does anyone recommend me getting some harder brake pads

i would say that its about par for the course that your going to get brake dust build up on alloys, how often do you clean the car as it would look alot worse if you haven't washed them off in a while.

i understand that obviously time without cleaning the car the brake dust will build up, but it doesnt even have to be a day or 2 and you can notice it, i clean the car once a week and everytime theres quite alot on them

i understand that obviously time without cleaning the car the brake dust will build up, but it doesnt even have to be a day or 2 and you can notice it, i clean the car once a week and everytime theres quite alot on them

I cant really say that's wrong, its a soft material rubbing against a hard one and the softer one comes off worse, my mk6 fiesta is quite dusty but its still got a good old chunk of pad left after 26500 miles so do with that what you will, im guessing its probably the same discs and pads used from the mk6 possibly even models previous. hard braking will cause a lot of dust the same as gentle but prolonged braking period's.