Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air Con Pulley Noise, Fix Or Remove ?????

jimmygixer

I just changed my fan belt on my 1.8 tdci focus as it was screaming its head off. Only been about 4 months since i changed the last one. Tensioner seems still good and all pulleys are free.

But since changing the belt today, im left with a dry or worn bearing noise from the air con pump. Is it possible to just remove the hole pump and fit a fan belt from the same model car that has no air con? Not sure if the non air con model has the other pulleys in the exact same location or not.

I don't use my air con anyway as when i used to use it the evaporator used to leak water into the car, and its a dash out job to fix that.

Has anyone removed an air con pump and been able to grease the shaft to the pulley to fix this problem?

What your saying about using a shorter belt from a model without aircon would certainly work if you can get the right length belt. I have done this on a few cars now with aircon that's been problematic or removed to reduce weight.

If your not sure about pulley positions, use a length of string to measure the length required around the pulleys and see if you can get one at a motor factors - the size is normally on the packaging/belt itself

What your saying about using a shorter belt from a model without aircon would certainly work if you can get the right length belt. I have done this on a few cars now with aircon that's been problematic or removed to reduce weight.

If your not sure about pulley positions, use a length of string to measure the length required around the pulleys and see if you can get one at a motor factors - the size is normally on the packaging/belt itself

I will have to check the configuration of the pulleys, some engines can and cant do it depending on the routing of the belt. Iv'e seen a few Americans going on about a pulley kit that bolts onto where the ac used to be.

cheers

Has anyone fitted a fan belt from a non ac focus to one which has ac?

Anybody have a fan belt diagram of a non ac 1.8 TDCi, or have that car and tell me if your belt runs from crank, to idle pulley, to alternator. Or is there a pulley still in place where the ac would be, just after the idle pulley and before the alternator?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club