Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk1 Focus 2001 Water In Passenger Side

Hi all, weidd one this. Sknce we had all the rain my passenger side footwell is wet and its running to the back. Only passenger side. Ive search and seen that a few peeps say it could be the pollen filter?

The thing is ive got the carpet out so it can dry and cleaned out what water was there, then it rained again and there was a good 1cm off water in the passenger footwell again. The firewall bit seems dry and so does the door trims ect, so is it possible to be the pollen filter? Cheers

Pollen filter is a possibilty.

If you have the carpet out, you should be able to put a hose over the window and watch where the water comes down from.

If its not the pollen filter, then it could be the seal around the windscreen.

Hi thanks, just a thought but if it was the window screen surely the carpet that runs up the firewall bit would be wet? The water lays in the bottom and flows to and fro the front and back. When its rained in the summer never gad this only noticed with the heavey rain recently

Depends really, as the water could run across something else and down behind one of the plastic cards around the interior.

Hi cheers for the help, i got the old pollen filter out and it was black not only that but partly wet. Then j noticed that the mastic that runs between the window screen and the plastic part that above the filter had a huge gap where water could easly run pass onto the filter. Ive replaced the filter and cleared of the old mastic and replaced that aswell so Hope this fixes it now just waiting for the carpet to dry

Nice and simple find! hopefully thats an end to the soggy carpets!

Hi yeah i posted a pic in my galary hope this sorts it. Just wait for the carpet to fully dry now. Its mainly damp now so if could just put it back and let it air with windows open and the heater on lol

Ok well looks like im back after the rain we had today guess what yeap more water coming into car. This time ive totally stripped the car downas best as i can, ive pulled away the fuse box behind the glove box, removed tje glove box itself and removed some of the firewall padding to find that the upper part of the fire wall padding i cant remove as this seems to be the area where the water is leaking in. So above the top bit off the firewall. To remove this will the dash has to come out or can i just remove the heater fan?

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/gallery/image/6983-20140113-175853/ that's a photo of where the water is dripping from

Unfortunatey yes, I think you are looking at a dash stripout.

Is this immediatey behind the glovebox, stereo, or driving column?

Hi its seems to be behind the glove box just up to the right hand side near the window screen. I have spoken to a couple of window screen people and they said to put weather proof tape along the scuttle to the Windowscreen to see if it helps. I did that and chucked a bucket of water over it and watched for leaks and nothing. If rain that we had last night was leaking thru whilst i was in the car surely a bucket off water would show. So might need some mastic between the upper scuttle parts to the window

Thats what I was thinking, as it can be leaking in via the back of the scuttle, and a bucket of water at the right place should cause it to happen

Theres still a slight drip and im guessing thats just from the wet padding that i cant reach, so i will just have to keep an eye on it. There is one guy saying change the window screen on the safe side wont cost alot £100 so worst case. Ive heard about the scuttle drain holes have you got any pics off where these are? Cheers

No pictures I can offer I am afraid, but you can remove the scuttle panel and look underneath it?

If you have a look at the Guides section - Focus and have a look at Lenny's installing an EGR Blanking plate guide, then you will see the general process.

• 1 month later...

Hi all. Been reading about water leaks all morning now and my 53 Reg LX has water in the REAR passenger side footwell only, oh and in the boot. Completely confused now as to where to start looking??!! Any one actually solved this issue satisfactorily?

Thanks guys.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club