Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 04 1.4 rear rattle

frund

I have just recently come into a Fiesta 1.4 petrol 5 door 10k on clock. MOT due in May. I notice a rattle from around the rear end on bumpy slow conditions only me in the car. It may be a suspension fault. I have checked in the boot and all is well fixed there. Is there a common fault that I should look for. Advice please.

I have just recently come into a Fiesta 1.4 petrol 5 door 10k on clock. MOT due in May. I notice a rattle from around the rear end on bumpy slow conditions only me in the car. It may be a suspension fault. I have checked in the boot and all is well fixed there. Is there a common fault that I should look for. Advice please.

Maybe probably shock top mounts, has been a common fault on fiestas, definitely a problem on the Mk.IV

Or maybe its 'the death rattle', best check the back of your car :ph34r:

lol

Sounds stupid but have a look at the rear seats. Where the seat locks at the top left and right hand sides may be loose, I know mine is and every now and then i get a slight rattle as i go over rough surfaces. From the boot, grip the top rear left hand side of the rear seat and pull it back and forward slightly and listen for any rattle from it. ( do the same for the other side )

I had a look at the seats Russ and I dont think they have ever been moved and seem well clipped in place. So jonny87 I had a look at the shocks shook them and tried them up and down ( without removing wheel ) I did notice the 'covers' are very loose and flap about almost like a poor design thingy and so make some noise. Wether this is what I am hearing I dont know I could wedge a bit of foam up between the cover and the shock body and see if this helps. I will investigate more tomorrow. Thanks.

I had a look at the seats Russ and I dont think they have ever been moved and seem well clipped in place. So jonny87 I had a look at the shocks shook them and tried them up and down ( without removing wheel ) I did notice the 'covers' are very loose and flap about almost like a poor design thingy and so make some noise. Wether this is what I am hearing I dont know I could wedge a bit of foam up between the cover and the shock body and see if this helps. I will investigate more tomorrow. Thanks.

Best thing probably would be to jack up the rear of the car and push/pull the wheel up and down, if there is any 'play' it will probably be the mounts (do not put it on axle stands coz then this wont work). Will be easier if you remove the wheels. You will hear knocking.

• 2 weeks later...

im new to this but my question relates to this one. My car is a fiesta 1.4 2008 model and i also have a rattle coming from the rear wheel whenever i go over speed ramps or uneven road surface. When i shake the wheel i can hear the noise aswell. On sunday i took my wheel off and sprayed lubricant on all the hub and suspension shocks and the rattle stopped but on tuesday it had come back again so i dont no what else i can do. It has been in the fords garage severel times with the same problem and all they ever do is spray it with lubricant. But this is not working. If anyone has got any suggestions or an idea of what it may be then i would be grateful if you could share them with me thanks.

im new to this but my question relates to this one. My car is a fiesta 1.4 2008 model and i also have a rattle coming from the rear wheel whenever i go over speed ramps or uneven road surface. When i shake the wheel i can hear the noise aswell. On sunday i took my wheel off and sprayed lubricant on all the hub and suspension shocks and the rattle stopped but on tuesday it had come back again so i dont no what else i can do. It has been in the fords garage severel times with the same problem and all they ever do is spray it with lubricant. But this is not working. If anyone has got any suggestions or an idea of what it may be then i would be grateful if you could share them with me thanks.

When i first got my Fiesta an annoying rattle/squeak developed (Also coming from the rear corner of drivers side)

After looking at this topic i decided to go for a drive with both my parcel shelf removed, and seats folded down.

The rattle/squeak was still there.

On putting the parcel shelf back on i had a glance down the area in which the seat belt disappears behind the seat, and noticed a long horizontal piece of metal fitting around the seatbelt, this seems to be very loose. On giving it a few tugs etc i took the car for another drive, and, no squeak.

Occasionally it comes back but its just a case of giving it a bit movement again.

Hope this helps :)

• 4 weeks later...

Found it. After putting up with the rattle for some time due to weather and work. Warm day attack rattle. Jack up using neighbours trolly, shake everything then thump up under spare wheel housing ahhh a rattle. The jack was fitted with the retaining bolt but the jack operating lever was resting on the metal floor also quite wobbley. Refit jack and thump up under wheel housing no rattle. Thanks to all who helped.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club