Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Pillar Rattles

K-Singh

Hi i have owned my fiesta for over a year now and when i bought the car i had the A-pillars off and covered them in foam and sound deadening to stop the rattles this worked for about 6 months and now the rattle is back and no matter what i do i cannot make it stop. Anybody got a fix for this?. I have tightened all loose clips by shoving bits of card behind them and covered all clips in thin foam and greased them but the rattle is still there. its as if it sits loose as if i push on it hard enough whilst driving it stops

photo_zpsb37f2149.jpg

You could try puffing the clips out so its a bit harder to push back in but holds it tighter if you get me?? Or tape the hell out of it with sound deadining material again if not im not sure

I have the exact same problem with both my C pillars! Drive me absolutely bonkers - I too have shoved bits of foam/ rubber/ tape and god knows what down them to try and make it stop but nothing works permanently.

As you said, they both seem lose, but when I put more filling it is seemed to make them loser?

The car is going in for service in the next couple of weeks and I was going to bring it up with them - maybe they can do a better job of stuffing/ gluing/ or tightening the panels

I have extactly the same problem: the A pillar on the driver's side rattles like a can full of stones.

I find that if I give it a jolly good ***WHACK!!*** the rattle stops, but only temporarily, so I'll be keeping an eye on your solutions!

:)

Found a lot of carpet underlay and felt lying around gonna have a go on the weekend to see if i can find a solution

• Like 1

sounds like a good idea, let us know what the outcome is

An update on this peeled back the rubber by the pillar and packed in as much underlay as i could pillar is now solid and doesn't move as much. Going for a long drive tomorrow to check if its done the the trick if so i will post pics on here on what areas i covered

• Like 1

Nothing is more annoying than rattling. I hope you solved it.

So the other day i packed in as much carpet underlay as i could into the pillar and covered all wiring in felt as such:

40333B5C-3798-41FF-A572-97F0AFB5054D_zps

32CC8329-00BF-4482-AEA4-81AD2032D3D2_zps

The rattles were reduced but were still there. Today I drove with the pillar off and the rattle remains so i can rule out that the a-pillar itself is at fault meaning it can only be coming from the wires or one of the clips holding the wires so i plan on covering them in felt also to see if this fixes it

• Like 1

Right fixes the rattle found out the cause. On the corner of the dash where the it joins onto the pillar there was a lot of play and by pulling up and down on it i could recreate the rattle. I used a long thin screw driver to wedge to just enough underlay into the gaps to stop any movement. The arrow shows the area i am talking about Posted Image

I dont have any rattles on my car, yet. But top effort on finding yours and fixing it. I'll remember this when mine starts.

Great to hear that you finally found a solution! - the mechanic couldnt work it out on mine, but I guess it looks like I just need to rip off the panels and give everything a good shake/ bash and wiggle to try and see if I can track down the creak.

Mine is just getting worse and worse, my whollops are no longer keeping the sound away. I think I got 2 minutes of silence back home from the gym the other day...

• 2 weeks later...

Ah! Thank you! I'll have a go at 'subduing' it and see what happens...

:)

• 2 years later...

Hey Guys.. anyone got any ideas how to remove A Pillar on passenger side 2006 fiesta..I think something is loose behind and was to see if can tighten but struggling to remove shredding the fingers of me lol.. any pictures or help would be much appreciated

• Like 1

I realise this is a bit old, but I discovered the rattle actually happens from the plastic trim on the piller hitting against the windscreen, nut under the pillar itself, if you try with a thin cardboard pieces and place them along where the plastic meets the windscreen and try that first.

23 minutes ago, Strutter said:

I realise this is a bit old, but I discovered the rattle actually happens from the plastic trim on the piller hitting against the windscreen, nut under the pillar itself, if you try with a thin cardboard pieces and place them along where the plastic meets the windscreen and try that first.

Doesn't sound silly at all. This is what I've started suspecting is wrong with mine, amongst other things. But the Ford dealer network is so attrocious, it's almost more painful to try and get them to fix it.

Interestly, the courtesy car they gave me also had the same knocking noise as my own car... I mentioned this to the engineer and he just shrugged his shoulders.

Maybe give my solution a shot..to drove me crazy...I went full lab coat on it lol. Just get some thing card, enough to sit in the join between the plastic and the window, and tray various points, Mine was occurring towards the roof point, since doing that....never a noise again.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club