Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting Zetec S Rear Bumper On Mk2

WayneL15

I know the bumper from the Zetec S Mk2.5 will be a straight fit on the Mk2 its the fogs/reverse light im unsure about. Can anyone tell me if they are a straight plug n play or if some splicing of wires will be required?

Also I'm having a Mk2 St front bumper fitted, comes complete with fog surrounds an holders. Will this be a straight changeover of bulbs an plugging in?

Thanks

The connectors for the fog/reverse I believe are different so some splicing may be necessary.

For the front bumper I think you will need ST fog light brackets as the ST fog lights use a different mounting hole layout.

the rear lights in the bumper should be the same so no splicing of wires should be required. As for the front fogs if the bumper has them fitted (to the bumper) then it should be a straight swap.

Not sure on the rear, think Clive might be right in that the connectors are slightly different, but not 100% on that. (Reason I say that is Hyrule came across two different connectors when doing the dual reverse mod recently.) If the bulb holder mount part was the same then you might not need to rewire.

As for the front, if you're getting the bumper complete with fogs then it will be a straight swap without the need for any brackets. The Mk2.5 facelift needs extra brackets to mount the fogs, but the Mk2 pre-facelift front end doesn't. Only difference are the bulbs themselves...the ST fogs are supposed to take H11 bulbs, whereas the standard Mk2 fogs take a H8 bulb. Again, if your fogs come with bulbs, you're sorted, and if not then you may be able to fit the H8 anyway as there is only a small difference between the fitting tabs on the two (see pic below pulled off Google images).

post-30295-0-51379200-1389258780_thumb.j

I fitted a nice pair of CREE H11 fog bulbs when I put on my ST kit and they're a great match for xenons and LED sidelights.

Two contradicting answers for the rears so still unsure on that.

Yeah the ST bumper has the brackets and fogs fitted. Glad that's just a straight swap.

Anyone else know about the rears?

Thanks Chaps

i've fitted the rear ST bumper to my car and the lights were a straight swap from my car so worse case scenario is you use the ones from your car?

But Sal yours was already a facelift, so they use the same rear fog/reverse units and so the same wiring too, whereas Wayne here has a pre-facelift with the older style fog/reverse, so straight swap of the complete units is def not an option.

Wayne have you got possession of the rear bumper yet? Or even a facelift fog/reverse light so you could test if your pre-facelift bulb holder fits into it? I tried looking at the guide for the dual reverse mod to see if there are any clear visual differences but Lenny's pics are down.

My thinking was that although the electrical connector socket to the bulb holder might be slightly different between the two, the actual mounting part of the housing which the bulb holder twists into might be the same.

If this was the case then it would just be a straight swap, but if the facelift fog units only suit facelift bulb holders, and facelift bulb holders only suit facelift connectors, then you'd just need to snip off the existing pre-facelift connectors and replace with facelift ones. Dead easy to wire, but the hardest part might be sourcing the connectors.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/50027-dual-reverse-bulb-socket-connector-wiring/?hl=%2Breverse+%2Bconnector

Ben (Hyrule) has posted a few pics in this wanted ad of the Mk2.5 set up, looks different to me but really couldn't be sure without trying it. Hopefully someone else has upgraded their rear bumper and will be able to confirm.

Thanks for your help Gary, I'll try an unplug my rear fog on my dinner and get a picture of the connection to compare with the one above

No probs mate. I've actually been having a look on the STOC forum as I know guys on there who have done the facelift conversion and it seems that you do indeed need new connectors.

When asked what was needed to facelift the rear end, the guy that done the process replied...

"...you will need to source different plugs for rear fog and reverse light,..."

I can send one of them a PM if you like for complete clarification?