Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newbie, Ford Crown Victoria P71 Police Interceptor

db_355

Put This Pic On Before But It Seems To Have Disappeared Off The Forum

Here Is A Pic Of My Car And The Coca Cola Truck When It Came To The West Mids Just Before Christmas

post-49702-0-51614000-1390919515_thumb.j

The pics of your car look amazing bet it is a dream to own dont suppose you want to swap for my KA LOL have you got any more pics of it

The pics of your car look amazing bet it is a dream to own dont suppose you want to swap for my KA LOL have you got any more pics of it

Hi Thanks For The Comment But I Will Have To Decline Your Offer Of A Swap :D

Got Some More Pics Of When It Was On Wheeler Dealers Will Dig Them Out And Put Them On

Forgot this thread was still active! :rolleyes:

2011 was when all US Police forces retired the Crown Vic.

Don't think that's true mate? 2011 was just the year the last Crown Vic (LX/Sport civilian version, for export) drove off the assembly line in Canada. Still tonnes of them driving around.

Some police departments were so loyal to this workhorse of a car, that they started stock-piling good examples of them, and saving them for future use apparently.

What Car Did They Replace The Crown Vic With?

Ford Taurus (popular), Dodge Charger (very popular), Chevrolet Caprice (rare), and Chevrolet Suburban/Tahoe.

I Wonder If That Will Be As Welcomed As The Crown Vic Was <_<

The crown vic was an ageing platform - with horrible MPG at that. The newer generation of replacement vehicles all offer significant fuel savings, which add up hugely in such large fleet numbers.

Forgot this thread was still active! :rolleyes:

This Thread Is Never Ending, Just Like My Fuel Bill LOL

• Like 1

JYoloG Here Are A few More Pics As Promised Of When The Car Was On Wheeler Dealers

post-49702-0-02761200-1391269169_thumb.j

post-49702-0-65907800-1391269182_thumb.j

post-49702-0-77484900-1391269219_thumb.j

This Thread Is Never Ending, Just Like My Fuel Bill LOL

Haha, maybe, but I bet it's worth the price of the satisfaction you get every time you put your foot down!

I don't get that in my 1.6 Focus! Gutless on the motorways :(

Sent from my HTC One XL using Ford OC mobile app

Great pics by the way.

Do you have any videos of the car that you took? Would love to see some...

Sent from my HTC One XL using Ford OC mobile app

Love it !!!!! What a car. nice to see it gets used too

I love to see something different

I have a 1929 model a pick up I have been building for about 4 years now ,seeing these pics makes me want to pull my finger out and get a move on with her she is not standard in any way shape or form but I like her

Haha, maybe, but I bet it's worth the price of the satisfaction you get every time you put your foot down!

Yes It Is, Every Time I Put My Foot Down My Bank Balance Gets Smaller But The Smile On My Face Gets Bigger. :D :D :D

Love it !!!!! What a car. nice to see it gets used too

I love to see something different

I have a 1929 model a pick up I have been building for about 4 years now ,seeing these pics makes me want to pull my finger out and get a move on with her she is not standard in any way shape or form but I like her

Thanks For The Comments,

It's Not The Most Practical Car For Everyday Use With It Having A 4.6 Litre V8 Engine, But I Always Wanted One And Life's Too Short To Pass Up On Opportunity's To Get Your Dream Car When They Arise.

Would Love To See Your Model A Pick Up When Its Complete, A Pic With The Two Of Them Together Would Look Awesome.

And As For Not Being Standard, It's All Down To Personal Choice, But Why Not Be Different And Stand Out.

(Too Many Sheep In Life Not Enough Shepherds)

Agree with your comment there Damian "too many sheep not enough shepherds" its a good take on life!

Agree with your comment there Damian "too many sheep not enough shepherds" its a good take on life!

Thanks, I Think It's A Good Take On Life Too,

You Have Only Got One Life So Why Be Like Everyone Else, Be Different,

A Lot Of People May Disagree But It's My Personal Take On Life.

Put This Pic On Before But It Seems To Have Disappeared Off The Forum

Here Is A Pic Of My Car And The Coca Cola Truck When It Came To The West Mids Just Before Christmas

how did you manage to get the coca cola people to agree to have the picture with the car? because it looks fantastic.

how did you manage to get the coca cola people to agree to have the picture with the car? because it looks fantastic.

It Was Crazy On The Day With Hundreds Of People Around The Truck, I Spoke To The Guy In Charge And He Told Me All I Had To Do Was Wait For The Crowds To Die Down And They Were More Than Happy For Me To Bring The Car On To The Area Next To The Truck And Take The Pictures

It Got Quite A Response When I Put The Lights And Sirens On.

• 4 months later...

Sorry the late response, I just found this thread. I live in NY in the town right next to Goshen, actually am a retired cop from there. What a surprise I had when I saw the Wheeler Dealer episode and recognized the Goshen 355 car. I had no idea how one of their cars wound up in the UK. That police department actually only covers a 2 square mile area, (the county seat) technically it's a retired "Village" of Goshen PD car, as opposed to the "Town" of Goshen, which covers a much larger area surrounding the village. I wouldn't think the red lights would be a problem in the UK, don't they use blue light? I can understand having to cross out the police though.

There are still tons of Crown Vics in police service. One thing you had wrong, that car wasn't assigned to one officer, that's not how they do things. The car is parked at the police station and used as needed, often being used 24 hours a day wouldn't be unusual. The new Ford police package isn't that popular, it's just too small, The Dodge is the same story. The Ford Explorer SUV seems to be becoming more popular though and the Chevy Tahoe too. Fuel mileage really has nothing to do with it. When it comes to police cars MPG is low on the list of thing they worry about. Good luck with your Goshen car!

Oh, and to the guy that mentioned the luxury version of the Crown Vic? Here they are the Mercury Marquis, not Marauder.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums and what an awesome car! Congrats on getting it and like you said, You only live once...So make the most of it, without any regrets :)

Hey Mike,

Its good to hear a bit of first hand back history on the motor!

Hey Mike,

Its good to hear a bit of first hand back history on the motor!

Thanks! By the way that black plastic round piece on the trunk (in your video)? That's from the GPS system, so that 911 (county emergency channel) knows where every car is so they can call the closest car in emergencies. Usually there's 2 of them, one for GPS and one for the wireless computer. That's why these cars need the heavy duty electrical system, between all the lights, 2 way radios, and other electrical, your pulling a lot of power.

Thanks! By the way that black plastic round piece on the trunk (in your video)? That's from the GPS system, so that 911 (county emergency channel) knows where every car is so they can call the closest car in emergencies. Usually there's 2 of them, one for GPS and one for the wireless computer. That's why these cars need the heavy duty electrical system, between all the lights, 2 way radios, and other electrical, your pulling a lot of power.

Hi Mike

Thanks For The Info You Gave About The History Of The Car, It's Always Good To Find Out New Info.

It's Great That You Recognized The Car From The Wheeler Dealers Episode (Good Episode By The Way).

For A Genuine US Police Car To End Up In The UK With Nearly All Of The Original Equipment And Original Livery Left On The Car Is Very Rare...I Feel Very Lucky To Own The Car.

There Was A Few Little Items Left In The Car As Well:

The Original Speeding Ticket Book

An Empty Flare Box

Breathing Masks

Fire Blankets

Terrorist Awareness Info Sheet

Tear Gas Soothing Spray

I Was Very Surprised That No One Decided To Take Them As Souvenirs When The Car Was Being Shipped Over To The UK.

Would It Be Possible To E-mail You Directly As It Would Be Great To Find Out More About The Car And Police Department Of Goshen

Thanks Again

Damian

Absolutely, feel free mike.ibbetson@gmail.com Although the Crown Vic is a good police car. Any US cop who's been around long enough, the absolute best police car was the old style Chevy Caprice, especially the 94-96 with the LT1 Corvette package engine, and was a definite rocket ship and big enough to fit us tall guys, although with the prisoner partition installed (what we call "cages") that can really cut down on the leg room, thank god my department didn't use them, they're really a false sense of security anyway, there are better ways of transporting prisoners. The guy who earlier mentioned that some agencies were stockpiling cars, I believe these are the cars that he's thinking of. There were actually garages that opened that would refurbish the Caprice to factory spec and you could put another 100,000 miles on them, it cost less then buying a new car and guys really liked them.

By the way, how did your car wind up on Wheeler Dealers? Did they contact you?

Anyway, if there's anything you need please let me know. Mike.

Wow what a cool car!