Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newbie, Ford Crown Victoria P71 Police Interceptor

db_355

It does look a pretty awesome motor!

I was wondering on the legality of it also, but then again, I believe as long as lights, or sirens are not used on the public highway, the vehicle is not used in false pretences of Police "business" and the vehicle is not decorated to look as a UK police vehcles then its acceptable to be driven on the public highway?

I am sure our local lawman can confirm...

The usual way to trsnsport police marked cars that are either non UK ones or police cars going to or coming back from garages while not driven by Police staff is for the badges to be obscured with masking tape and the lights covered over.

aaaah, so does that mean its technically illegal for the car to be driven on public roads?

The usual way to trsnsport police marked cars that are either non UK ones or police cars going to or coming back from garages while not driven by Police staff is for the badges to be obscured with masking tape and the lights covered over.

So the word "police" is illegal, correct? (On public (not private) roads obviously) On the other hand, I was told that you are allowed the words "sheriff", "xxPD", etc...

And I also thought that you were allowed to have LED's/lightbars - PROVIDED they are not red or blue? Not sure about this one.

About the only thing I know about Crown Vics is that quite often on Fast'N'Loud they replace front and sometimes rear axles on their projects with Crown Vic ones.

All the better for 'smokie burnouts'!!! :D :D :D

If the car is obviously not an UK Police vehicle you are usually ok with anything other than Police badges.

Police writing is best obscured, even if just with a strip of tape across the middle.

No blue, red, green lights visible (as used by Police/Ambulance, Fire, Paramedics etc).

Yellow or white are usually ok but again all lights are best covered to avoid unnecesary hastle from over-zealous Traffic Officers.

For show or off road use then dig out ;) (especially in Copehill Down Training Village as per Wheeler Dealers, Love that place BTW, had many good exercises there :d)

• Like 1

Best to obscure the lights then on the public highway or remove when not in use.

Even something as simple as a tarpaulin secured around the light unit should help.

Technically though you could just modify the letters of POLICE with a little bit of masking tape to say P8LTEE that would probably suffice as then looking at the car as your driving down the road, there is no pretending to be police :)

It does look a pretty awesome motor!

I was wondering on the legality of it also, but then again, I believe as long as lights, or sirens are not used on the public highway, the vehicle is not used in false pretences of Police "business" and the vehicle is not decorated to look as a UK police vehcles then its acceptable to be driven on the public highway?

I am sure our local lawman can confirm...

When Driving On Public Roads I Have Got Magnetic Strips With The Words "Out Of Service" Which I Put Over The Word Police On The Car

When I Spoke To My Local Police About The Car They Said As Long As I Cover The Word Police They Have Got No Issues As The Car Is Not Trying To Impersonate A UK Police Car,

Also Any Blue Lights On The Car Would Need To Be Covered, (They Didn't Have Any Issues With The Red Ones)

As Expected I Cannot Under Any Circumstance Use The Lights Or Sirens On Public Roads

Had any interesting looks yet? :)

Do you have any modding plans for it?

I've Had Quite A Few Interesting Looks, From People Giving Me Thumbs Up To The Expressions On Peoples Faces Obviously Thinking 'Why', LOL

Even Had One Officer Stop To Take A Photo Which I Thought Was Quite Cool,

Regarding Modding Plans I Want To Keep It As Original As Possible So The Only Thing I Want To Do Is Replace The Laptop Which Was Taken Out And Possibly Put A CB In Were The Scanner Used To Be Other Than That I Am Happy To Leave It The Way It Is

good call on the out of service magnetics!

As Clive (Stoney871) Was Saying Best To Avoid Any Unnecessary Hastle As It Only Takes One Traffic Officer Who Has Got Out Of Bed The Wrong Side To Make An Issue

So Far Only Had Positive Responses But It Only Takes One

• Like 1

For show or off road use then dig out ;) (especially in Copehill Down Training Village as per Wheeler Dealers, Love that place BTW, had many good exercises there :D)

Can't Wait For The Shows To Start Then Lights And Sirens All The Way LOL

Damian Welcome to the club........But please when you see me on road No give me ticket PLS.......

I've Had Quite A Few Interesting Looks, From People Giving Me Thumbs Up To The Expressions On Peoples Faces Obviously Thinking 'Why', LOL

Even Had One Officer Stop To Take A Photo Which I Thought Was Quite Cool,

Regarding Modding Plans I Want To Keep It As Original As Possible So The Only Thing I Want To Do Is Replace The Laptop Which Was Taken Out And Possibly Put A CB In Were The Scanner Used To Be Other Than That I Am Happy To Leave It The Way It Is

Haha, there used to be a guy in my area who drove a white Mercury Marauder (essentially a luxury version rebadge of the crown vic), sadly I didn't get the chance to congratulate him on his purchase - I don't see him driving around anymore.

I just looked it up - apparently Goshen PD, in Goshen, Orange County, NY, is a tiny place - its police department has only 15 or so serving officers, and their webpage hasn't been updated in quite some time. The odds of you getting a car from their must have been amazing - even more so to then join FOC!

Hope you enjoy the car, you should post some more pics & YouTube videos of it :)

Brill car.. .put a smile on anyone's face.. .my dad used to say I was named after it!!

• Like 1

Brill car.. .put a smile on anyone's face.. .my dad used to say I was named after it!!

So your Name Is Crown? Lol

Thanks For The Welcome

• Like 1

Haha, there used to be a guy in my area who drove a white Mercury Marauder (essentially a luxury version rebadge of the crown vic), sadly I didn't get the chance to congratulate him on his purchase - I don't see him driving around anymore.

I just looked it up - apparently Goshen PD, in Goshen, Orange County, NY, is a tiny place - its police department has only 15 or so serving officers, and their webpage hasn't been updated in quite some time. The odds of you getting a car from their must have been amazing - even more so to then join FOC!

Hope you enjoy the car, you should post some more pics & YouTube videos of it :)

Yes It Is A Very Small Police Department, The Advantage Of That Would Be That The Car Would Have Been Assigned To One Officer So Would Have Been Taken Home And Looked After, Whereas Larger Police Departments Like LAPD Etc Would Have Pool Cars Where Loads Of Different Officers Would Have Had Access To Them

Even The Original Speeding Ticket Notebook Was Left In The Door Pocket.

I've Got A Pic Of The Car When It Was In service In New York State, As Soon As I Find It I Will Put It On.

• Like 1

The Advantage Of That Would Be That The Car Would Have Been Assigned To One Officer So Would Have Been Taken Home And Looked After, Whereas Larger Police Departments Like LAPD Etc Would Have Pool Cars Where Loads Of Different Officers Would Have Had Access To Them

Exactly. :)

Divisional detective cars are also highly sought, as well as prisoner transport cars.

Here Is A Pic Of My Car And The Coca Cola Truck When It Came To The West Mids Just Before Christmas

Looks dazzling, I am extremely jealous of your car. :(

Do you have any videos?

• 2 weeks later...

Here Is A Pic Of The Car At A St Patrick's Day Parade In New York State In 2011

post-49702-0-96542100-1390914942_thumb.j

2011 was when all US Police forces retired the Crown Vic.

What Car Did They Replace The Crown Vic With?

The Ford Taurus.

I Wonder If That Will Be As Welcomed As The Crown Vic Was <_<

A lot of forces liked the CVPI because it was tough and easy to repair.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club