Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need Help Please Aaarrrgghhhh

satnavsatnav

Hi guy and girls

2006 focus 1.6 petrol

Here's my problem missing on 1 and 4 this is what I have done Checked fault code and it says primary coil circuit low voltage or something very similar so checked what i had to do changed coil , plugs, leads and even sent my ecu away to be checked but still have the problem at first it was intermittent but is now a bigger problem so has anybody got any ideas before I go insane any help would be very grateful thanks

Is there anyway of checking the wireing to the coilpack? Also where did you buy the coilpack? We had one car (SportKA) that wouldnt run using various after market coils and had to buy a specific one from Ford before the thing would run right.

Is there anyway of checking the wireing to the coilpack? Also where did you buy the coilpack? We had one car (SportKA) that wouldnt run using various after market coils and had to original coil back on pecific one from Ford before the thing would run right.

cheers for the reply i bought the coil pack from eBay but it's the same part number but i suppose it could be a crapper and as for the wiring it looks fine from a distance i just dont fancy stripping all the loom back .also when i put the original coil pack back on after i got the ecu back it ran Ok for about 4 days and the it just went downhill again so maybe it is wiring (oh no) lol I might buy another new coil as well we're do you suggest getting one from .maybe euro parts or do you suggest Ford (How much) lol

Your best bet is to replace both Coils and leads at the same time and stick to genuine equipment.

Aftermarkets dont work too well with the Ford's...

Try fordpartsuk for the coils :) slightly cheaper than Ford but still genuine parts.

Try fordpartsuk for the coils :) slightly cheaper than Ford but still genuine parts.

cheers mate will give them a luck ;-)

Well here's an update it was down to the wiring .There was a break in it it took the garage a few hours to find it so all Ok for now

what was the break in? one of the leads? and was it a replacement that resolved the issue?

Glad you got it sorted. It could have been one of those annoying faults you never find.

what was the break in? one of the leads? and was it a replacement that resolved the issue?

I am told it was a break in the harness and it was just a case of repairing the wire

Glad you got it sorted. It could have been one of those annoying faults you never find.

I know what you mean it didn't help with it being intermittent anyways fingers crossed that's the end if the problem

Glad that its sorted, what was the final bill?

The bill was £112 of which £70 was labour and £25 for the scan + vat

not overly bad then for a difficult to diagnose issue.