Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dashboard Lights & Needles Playing Up

MM92

unfortunately I cant say I have seen or know if its screw or not, I believe though it would probably just be lugs.

If you can see screws, unscrew it to be on the safe side.

Been looking about a bit more, seems as if the black plastic part lifts then swings over the white 'gate' to release.

I'll give it another go wednesday but has been a pattern of not working when the car is damp!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Just had another go at it, followed the video on Youtube where it just unclips but mine's not budging!

Any ideas?

On the first image you can see a little white bit stopping the black 'U' clip from moving as it does in the video.

focus1.jpg

focus2.jpg

Giving at a clean as we speak but if this fails after it's dried out etc I'm going to need to take the ECU out and send off.

How much of a pain is the ECU to remove and also where isit?

An easy way to check if you have the cluster issue is with a computer and one cable . Then get a free prog called ForScan. If you have multiple errors then the cluster is the issue. The program is good. The cost to fix the cluster is £80 revtonic fix it for that much. I had the cluster issue that made the alarm keep going off. Car shutting off while driving. Scary the first time it happen. But normally the cluster is the problem..

Have you checked the passenger side fuse box. Make sure all the cables are attached. People tend to kick up there and wires become lose.

I'll check the passenger fuse box over the weekend.

With regards to the ECU I've looked about and someone has said they had the jack the car to get to it? Is this correct?

I want to send it off to BBA, surely ECU removal is easier/simpler?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club