Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Starting Problem Mk2 2Ltr Ghia Late Mk2

65thunderbird

Hello new on this board yet have owned 3 or 4 Mondeo's in the past and also have a 65 Ford Tbird, now if any one can point me to solving this problem please!

Car ran from picking up had work on rear callipers so sat for a few days moved on to driveway then Nothing!

Batt recharged holding 13+v all earths cleaned up, no real fuse (Aux) layout plan but have checked them all, the starter solenoid clicks when turning the key but no crank at all! I have removed and tested starter which spins and solenoid throws, cleaned commutator etc. and tried another working starter motor and solenoid still the same result. will throw and spin when bridged off the car. the engine is not seized ive turned it over, any suggestions Thank you.

To confirm this is a MK2 mondeo?

is it a petrol or a diesel and is it the year 2000 as per your profile?

It's a petrol 2.0Ltr Zetec W reg 1st reg 20/07/2000, I have tried the starter back today checked supply cable it runs on the bench test NOT in the car tried to "jump" with my Tbird no joy and removed the Alternator lead no joy either! not sure if there is an immobilizer factory fitted or even a fuse to disable my Haynes manuals are very vague on this subject as always!

Although the battery is showing 13 volts it may not have the amperage necessary to turn the engine over. It could have a dead cell or two but still show the voltage. I would try it with a different battery or get the battery checked properly before throwing any money at it. If you do find you have to replace the battery, make sure its a silver calcium one and not lead acid. The Ford Smart Charge system will kill it in no time.

If ur gettin 12 volts down to heavy constant live it ain't immobiliser issue u wouldn get any juice down if was pats problem so with starter in car ignition on u have 12 volts to heavy wire with help of a friend crank engine are u gettin voltage goin from solenoid across the small wire to motor

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club