Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2009 1.8Tdci - Intermittant Stuttering

johnson293

Update! Left the car with them and they rang tonight to say they test drove it again and have rebalanced front wheels (tbh I never felt there was anything wrong!!) and fitted new fuel filter!! Seems ok so far fingers crossed!!! I couldn't get it to do anything wrong on the way home!!!!! And mine is from Evans ford and they have been ok so far - plus when I picked it up they had cleaned it inside and out!!! :) saved me a job this weekend!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Fuel filter is the likely problem, not sure on the balance though, thats like saying "we washed the car and the problem stopped!"

Surprised they didn't change the tyre air and indicator fluid as well ;)

Anyhoo, hopefully rhe fuel filter does the trick.

Keep us updated fella.

• Like 1

im the same a s james, run it down to 50 on the fuel gauge,,,, not no more lol and ours has a new fuel filter every year, and oil twice a year......

To be fair to them the lady at the service desk had typed my babbled description up as 'juddering at 60' so i would have thought that is the first thing they would check- the guy who rang yesterday said they had not found any fault but I explained it again to him and he obv found it this morning hence the fuel filter getting changed!!! And anywhere willing to clean my car without getting paid gets a big thumbs up from me!!! Took kids to see the hunt meet on Saturday so there was a fair bit of mud on the outside as well as the inside!!! ;))

I plan on taking it back for something before the warranty runs out just so they clean it again!!! ;)

I tend to run it down to 50 miles to go, and I have noticed more recently, as I got less than that, the car started to misbehave a little!

I like to see how many miles I get outa the thing, so tend to run it to bottom, but not sure I will be doing that in the mondy

I'm guilty of that too.....:$

• Like 1

I'm guilty of that too.....:$

Me too - I have tended to refuel when the light comes on (50 miles left), and letting it run quite a way below that is what triggered my problems before christmas.

However, mine is now running fine again now with a new filter, and if possible, I'm gonna refuel before the light comes on, as long as its not costing me more to run by doing it.

Currently costs me about £35/week average on fuel, with the monthly mileage I do.

• Like 1

That is very good going! at the moment my CMAX uses best part of £200 a month.

Wow! £200 a month? You must do a lot of miles jeebo?

I only get 500 miles on a full tank at the moment! :-(

we use approx 35 quid of diesel nitro, and we average around 140m per week

Wow that's steep I use 15 quids worth a week doing 90 mile to an from work and a bit of running around is that town running or normal roads

I do about 350 miles a week, it all add's up!

I do about 350 miles a week, it all add's up!

Haha! That'll do it mate! Even a twin turbo mitsubishi gallant would top that! ;-)

Um, I'm a rep... I do up to 2200 miles a month . Hence why I'm shifting to a diesel. I've been doing this sort of mileage in a petrol 1.4 fiesta for 5 years!

Sent from my HTC One using Ford OC mobile app

Um, I'm a rep... I do up to 2200 miles a month . Hence why I'm shifting to a diesel. I've been doing this sort of mileage in a petrol 1.4 fiesta for 5 years!

WOW!!! Why have you been doing that for so long??

I hope you have a fuel card mate!!

wow, doing that in a petrol, must have cost you a few quid?

2200 was the very top. If I'm honest, it fluctuates between as little as 300 a month right up to the big figure. Depends if I'm local or not. That's what I get for covering Devon & Cornwall! 37p a mile used to be good, but it's diesel all the way now.

Yeah, cars used for any business should be diesel! its the safest answer!

My economy wasn't great... dropping to about 35mpg (according to the trip computer) around the doors. Went for a run to York before christmas and averaged about 55mpg for that run, again which wasn't as high as I'd hoped.

Daily commute is about 19 miles each way on A1/A19, and it did improve on those roads.

However, since changing the fuel filter, my average does seem to have improved slightly, and the car is now working out at 48mpg - that is on the trip computer and by rough calculation of miles/fuel used.

Still trying to adjust my driving too to try and improve it more. I can have a heavy right foot, at times.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club