Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Lifetime?

haunted.knight

Hi, I have an 04 Ford Fiesta which I bought new in March 2004. It has done 89,000 miles, and has had regular services from Ford. I've had no problems with it so far. How long would you expect it to carry on like this? Is there a rough mileage where the engine or something will need replacing? If you need any more info let me know. Thanks, Dean

With good love and care and attention, you should get a few more years out of it. In my non expert opinion. And welcome to the forum :)

Well put it this way, i had a Fiesta Mk3 with 125,000 miles on it...the only thing that ended it's life was the tree my son hit!

Regular services and some care/TLC and any engine should last well over 100,000

Hi, I have an 04 Ford Fiesta which I bought new in March 2004. It has done 89,000 miles, and has had regular services from Ford. I've had no problems with it so far. How long would you expect it to carry on like this? Is there a rough mileage where the engine or something will need replacing? If you need any more info let me know. Thanks, Dean

I would imagine the car will last as long as you need as long as it's serviced regularly. Obviously wear and tear items will need replacing but the engine should be good for 200,000 miles at least. They are a lot better engineered than what they were 20 - 30 years ago.

i had a mk2 fiesta, my first car that i saved for ages to buy, it was F reg, it had 120,000 when i sold it and i tell you in all the years i had it it never once let me down, i regret selling it. would love to know if its still going

Nothing to worry about here Dean.

I agree with Keith here and you could get up to 300k with regular servicing etc.

You'll probably find the bodywork will give up before the engine.................. :)

I had a 1.6S 1989 G Reg from new until 130K - a few problems but serviced it more or less to schedule. It was great! It apparently went on for another 55K according to the next owner - altho' apparently she thought it had only 105K on the clock when it died ??

My current 1998 Fiesta has done 130,000 miles. I dont think the previous owners (there are 4) looked after it. There are no stamps in the service book. It is now at the end of its life, almost. If a car that old can go that far without any care or attention then I think this is a good sign.

Since then there have been 11 years of progress with cars, they are alot better than they were. That coupled with good careful driving, regular servicing, cleaning and the like should see todays Fiesta, in my opinion, live for 300,000 miles and/or 18 years at least.

Agree with Mr. Hedgepig, the metalwork/bodywork will go long before the rest. Maybe if cars were made of stainless steel(Delorean stylee) they would go for a lot longer, maybe 800,000 to a million miles. But no, even now in 2009 they're still making cars that rust, shame really. Its like having to chuck you favorite shoes cos the soles have gone, even though the leather would last for ever...

^_^

Thanks for all the replies, looks like I'll get a few more years and more mileage out of it yet. My long term plan is to try and save up enough for a new Focus (or even a Mondeo if I'm lucky), it would be great if I could keep this running until then and then buy a Focus without having to get a loan.

Is there anything apart from the engine and bodywork I need to think about? I know very little about how cars work, all that's needed replacing so far are tyres and brake pads.

Thanks for all the replies, looks like I'll get a few more years and more mileage out of it yet. My long term plan is to try and save up enough for a new Focus (or even a Mondeo if I'm lucky), it would be great if I could keep this running until then and then buy a Focus without having to get a loan.

Is there anything apart from the engine and bodywork I need to think about? I know very little about how cars work, all that's needed replacing so far are tyres and brake pads.

Just change the oil regularly, and check other service specific parts such as air filter, plugs etc at least once a year. The most imortant item is the cambelt, change it whenever it's due to be changed, should say in the service book, because if that snaps it will more than likely cause a lot of damage.

Keep the bodywork clean, as troublesome rust spots, if they do arrive, will be easier to identify.

Just check drainage pipes and channels so they don't get blocked which can cause moisture build up and the dreaded rust.

Most problems are only detectable when they are there, which obviously should be sorted at that time as it's hard to second guess what can go wrong and you could replace items that don't need replacing, so other than that just enjoy driving the car and save some money.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club