Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Mk2 Led Lights

Jockstar

• 4 months later...

just ordered some cree led sidelights, whats the process of changing them? is it just a matter of pulling old one out and new one in?

Which ones did you buy? I bought one Cree 501 sidelight bulb, but it was far too big to fit into the headlight!

These ones

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Ford OC mobile app

post-55021-140432618037_thumb.jpg

It should be a simple swap. Sometimes with LED lights, they won't work if you put them in the wrong way round. If that happens, just remove the bulb and rotate it 180 degrees and refit.

Do you know how to remove the headlights to access the bulbs?

ahh yeh ive fitted leds before and know the old180 switch, just not replaced any bulbs on front of the focus before

You can't really get into the back of the headlights without removing them. It's also easier to replace the fog lamps by removing the headlights and sticking your hand down behind the front bumper. Saves marking the exterior trim.

Headlights are held in with one bolt and plastic clips. Just got to be gentle with them. When you slide the headlight back in, your should hear the clips going back into place.

The headlights are a doddle to remove compared to other cars.

I have got bulb changes down to less than 5 minutes now.

Sent from my S5

• Like 1

You can't really get into the back of the headlights without removing them. It's also easier to replace the fog lamps by removing the headlights and sticking your hand down behind the front bumper. Saves marking the exterior trim.

Headlights are held in with one bolt and plastic clips. Just got to be gentle with them. When you slide the headlight back in, your should hear the clips going back into place.

The fog lights I found easier to pull the trim out of the bumper then 2 screws holding the until in.

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

done :D they fit but pretty tight compared to the normal sidelight bulbs, but theyre secure haha, tested before i put them back together, although passenger side i forget to put the cover back on so had to take it off again. i have to say it is easier than my past cars, my mg was a right pain in the bum to change, needed arms and hands like jack skellington haha.

I found when I put my LED's out of my first ST into the facelift sidelights I needed to cut some plastic back on the outside of the holder to let the bulb sit fully into the contacts - maybe potential for a poor connection otherwise.

• 1 year later...

I've got osram LEDriving 4000k for sidelights and footwells. They have a slight pink/purple tinge but not too bright and go well with standard headlights. Number plate, I got 6000k festoon bulbs, that give that more blue/white light like on BMWs. I wonder what 6000k side LEDs would be like, but think a bit too bright. I'd like a led reverse bulb, as standard too dull, but not sure what law is on that, so want something that's only but brighter. You can get osram rear indicator bulbs LED, but not found anyone selling em.

Get Cree reversing bulbs with led's around it.

They are bright for reversing but also still reflect like standard bulbs.

• Like 1

Hi folks, I replaced my dome light bulb with an led, which gives out loads more light but glows faintly when doors are shut and light switched off. Anyone else come across this? :(

Yeah it's residual current, they go off after about 20 minutes normally

• Like 2

Thanks for that! Back to the search for decent Cree reversing/fog lights now :)

• Like 2

• 4 years later...

Hi guys looking to get led sidelights for my focus MK2 just wondering if I need a conversion kit or anything as can't decide which are best to use?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club