Do Not Sell My Personal Information

rear window bolts

fiesta_lad

hi does anyone know how to get this mess of my windows whats it is over the time the bolts have rusted and made a mess all down my window is there a way i could clean this rust of and sort of bring these bolts back to life my painting them you see what i mean in the picture cheers.

post-5563-1240416821_thumb.jpg

you can try t-cut or a good quality rust remover on the glass

you can get replacement bolts off eBay or fords

you can try t-cut or a good quality rust remover on the glass

you can get replacement bolts off ebay or fords

sounds good so you can use any rust remover

• 3 months later...

Was just wondering if you got the rust off the window?

i have this problem,you can just sand down the bolts and get the rust off then just paint them black

George

Was just wondering if you got the rust off the window?

i have this problem,you can just sand down the bolts and get the rust off then just paint them black

George

Hello george ive tryed everything to get the rust of the window but its still there. there must be something out there that can sort this mess out if you come across anything let me know

cheers alan.

Hello george ive tryed everything to get the rust of the window but its still there. there must be something out there that can sort this mess out if you come across anything let me know

cheers alan.

not sure if it would work or not but glass polish? its for removing light scratches so it might work?

you could see if your local windscreen replacement firm has some jewellers rouge they would let you have, watch makers use it to clean watch glass.

I've tried quite a lot of things to remove the stain, but none are sucessful

I am not sure if like the glass has been worn away, so its not something you can remove

I've tried quite a lot of things to remove the stain, but none are sucessful

I am not sure if like the glass has been worn away, so its not something you can remove

I've tried everything meself but it don't work i will just have to live with it ether that or get a new window which i will not be doing lol

Good news mate, some methylated spirit gets rid of it straight away. Good luck!

Cheers mate thanks alot i will get some first thing 2morrow and i will let you know how i get on i will take a few pics cheers alan.

try the following lemon juice, salt and ice. stain is gone.

or try warm vingar in a spray bottle and a scrub brush loaded with baking soda. Sometimes lemon flavored Kool-Aid works well on rust stains just pour on, mist with water and let sit.

or you can use a copper brush to disloge the rust with the above