Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Voltage To Glow Plugs

rg1642

If that works then

I assume there is a problem between the battery and the plugs in the ECU?

I checked the voltage through the plugs and the resistance. All the plugs were ok. I assumed the plugs would earth through the multimeter or I would not get a reading.

The glow plugs must be earthed to complete the circuit, thats why they did not get hot - normally they are earthed through the head

With them not being earthed, its like they were not connected, if you can understand that

The multimeter does not earth the glow plugs - it can be considered seperate, only for measurement

from the information you have given - sounds like the glow plugs are ok, and the 10.5v is just the voltage drop

ill re-check them and ground them seperatly then tomorrow if I get the chance to make sure.

Have you got jump leads? They can be useful for testing glow plugs off the car..

Oh well the plugs are not the problem. Connected the jump lead to earth and a good glow after 4 seconds so I guess i will have to look at the fueling. Time to get the injectors tested.

Thanks for all the help

Russ

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club