Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 2.5 Pros And Cons

Storm16

Hi I have focus 1.8 tdci estate mk2 and have started to look at the mk2.5 1.8 tdci estate any there any major changes that are better than the mk2.any quirks that arnt good,

Just wondered if they had changed much apart from the odd tweak to the looks?

Thanks

anybody got any info on improvements or quirks? 43 views and not one person has a comment??

come on guys thanks

I wouldn't say it's going to be a massive upgrade if you already have a MK2. The looks are the main thing but you get a slightly nicer interior/instrument cluster etc plus I think it has slightly more sound deadening? Could be wrong on that though. I think it's just a few subtle tweaks to make the whole package seem a little more modern.

• Like 1

Its mainly the face of it that has changed. Its the same car underneath just with more makeup

• Like 1

I own a MK2 and drive s MK2.5 for work and they drive and feel the same.

The 2.5 is a bit more sorted with regards to appearance and trim but I can go from one car to the other without worrying about the position of controls or changing driving style.

Tbh, if you want a good drive get a MK2, if you want a good drive and a bit mote style get s 2.5.

When the MK2 came out the only negative that car reviewers had was that they reckoned the MK2 was a bit drab so Ford just dressed it up.

• Like 1

Yeah I remember Top Gear when they took the MK2 onto the streets and no one gave it a second look lol.

Generally though, both very good cars, just with the warpaint on, it makes it look a little better.

Also if you want to mod the car, go for the MK2.5, if you wanted to, you could then add such things as eco mode etc to the instrument cluster.

I don't think there are really any cons as such to the 2.5 unless you prefer the look of the 2 I guess but that's just personal preference

It's a little program on the trip computer screen that shows you how economically you're driving with little pictures of flowers etc

I believe stability control became standard across the range on the mk 2.5 which was a big draw for me.

lol the greener I drive the more petals...lol

Yep, you've got it pretty much!

How do you get the eco mode? Mine doesn't have it (Mk2.5 2l TDCI Titanium).

How do you get the eco mode? Mine doesn't have it (Mk2.5 2l TDCI Titanium).

Its not enabled by default on some foci. I had to turn it on via elmconfig. Turned it off again though as its a load of old cobblers :lol:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club