Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Y Cable

JAR897

Paul we think along same lines. I'd much rather have a USB stick plugged in permanently than the chance that I might leave my iPhone on display!

If Keith appears or if anyone else knows - can the Fiesta read AAC files from a memory stick as well as MP3 files? I don't want to have to convert my entire library to MP3...is it Mac friendly?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nipz

• FMC

• TonyEssex

• meddyliol

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul we think along same lines. I'd much rather have a USB stick plugged in permanently than the chance that I might leave my iPhone on display!

If Keith appears or if anyone else knows - can the Fiesta read AAC files from a memory stick as well as MP3 files? I don't want to have to convert my entire library to MP3...is it Mac friendly?

I believe you can play AAC files.

I believe you can play AAC files.

I am also wanting to know the folder structure required. Thinking of just getting fave tunes off ipod using a ipod ripping program, that piuts them into itunes folders, would the steering wheel be able to navigate through these or the console in the car? x

Keith kindly sent me a message. It seems MP3 files only, no AAC.

Chris, I'd be inclined to copy your iTunes folder to another hard drive, convert to MP3 if necessary and then copy what you want into specially labeled folders on the memory stick.

I'm just going to plug the iPhone in after all!

Hi I have voice activation/bluetooth set up but only with 3mm line in. Can I get this converted to a usb in? Cheers

Richard

Hi I have voice activation/bluetooth set up but only with 3mm line in. Can I get this converted to a usb in? Cheers

Richard

No, read the top bit. It has to be installed when car is ordered, no way of doing it later on. Many topics on this if you search,

• 4 weeks later...

To add to my posts on AAC files - it is possible to convert protected AAC to MP3, and there are several very clever bits of software out there to do it.

I'll be using memory sticks I think.

• 1 month later...

Richard

As far as we know, this isn't possible. We had some forum members ask their dealer's about getting the required parts but this was a few months back and we've heard nothing from them, so I assume we can't.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if you can use a memory stick in the USB connection and control it off the steering wheel?

Waiting for my Titanium to be delivered and I am undecided whether to get the cable or use a memory stick!

Cheers

Does anyone know if you can use a memory stick in the USB connection and control it off the steering wheel?

Waiting for my Titanium to be delivered and I am undecided whether to get the cable or use a memory stick!

Cheers

Yes memory stick works, just plug it in and you can navigate through the files/folders on the dash.

Just bought one of these as my little aux lead broke.

I got it on eBay for £4 cheeper then on the fords part site yet it from the same people and I got the necter points from shoping on eBay.

and my dealer knew nothing about it - nor did the parts department . . . .how odd is that?

Yes memory stick works, just plug it in and you can navigate through the files/folders on the dash.

Nice 1 i will prob get a memory stick for it then, it might even be a bit quicker going through the music.

Cheers

Nice 1 i will prob get a memory stick for it then, it might even be a bit quicker going through the music.

Cheers

Have had time to compare the different audio optionsn (iPod, USB and bluetooth Streaming) and USB stick is definitely my choice, You can pick up an 8GB flash drive for under 20 quid and it works perfectly, plus you can always leave it plugged in as it doens't get in the way.

what format do the tracks need to be on the usb?

All of mine are MP3, so not sure if other formats work - will try it out tomorrow and see if I can get other formats playing...

• 2 weeks later...
Well, when i got my Fiesta I was using a normal iPod cable to hook my iPhone up to the computer (with a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable as well) and it worked fine for ages, after a while I started getting a problem where i connected it and the dash computer said 'error reading device' occasionally, so I went and bought one of the ford Y cables and its been fine for a week or so, now I just got the same error reading device!? I can't see why it can't read it even with the proper Y cable... not sure if it's something to take to the dealership?

I picked up a new Fiesta on Monday, ordered the 'Y' cable the same day & received it today. I plugged in my Ipod Classic and after a short while guess what? I had the same message 'error reading device'. Put my Wife's Ipod Nano in and the same thing happened. What's going on? Has anyone else had the same problem?

Cheers

Brian

I had the same problem, it seems the 'fix' is to put the usb cable in first let the ipod start up and link with the car then stick the aux cable in, since then its been fine.

very wierd

I had the same problem, it seems the 'fix' is to put the usb cable in first let the ipod start up and link with the car then stick the aux cable in, since then its been fine.

very wierd

Thanks for that TonyEssex, will have a go at that tomorrow. Will report on the outcome. I have tried an 8GB USB stick with MP3 files on it. I just copied about six albums to it and had no probs. An 8GB Bytestor (which I have) is on sale on amazon for £11.70. I rate these sticks very highly as I have had no problems with mine.

Cheers

Brian :rolleyes:

very wierd

Thanks for that. Will try your method out tomorrow. How did you figure that out? I have a Bytestor 8GB USB stick from amazon ( £11.70) and have used it for yonks with no problems, highly recommended.

Cheers

Thanks for that TonyEssex, will have a go at that tomorrow. Will report on the outcome. I have tried an 8GB USB stick with MP3 files on it. I just copied about six albums to it and had no probs. An 8GB Bytestor (which I have) is on sale on Amazon for £11.70. I rate these sticks very highly as I have had no problems with mine.

Cheers

I have just tried your method of connecting and it seems to work OK. Will have to do a longer test though.

Cheers

Brian

• 2 weeks later...
This is good to know - just ordered one, having already bought an extra USB - dock connector lead from the Apple store!

Does anyone use the iPhone 3G with their Fiesta? What's the word on interference on the stereo when a call comes in? Is there any?

I have been wondering why my ipod wont play. I am going to order one of these tomorrow....

Mant thanks

Here's one for peeps to help me with then.

I have got the cable for my ipod nano and everything works fine apart from voice control to my playlist.

The lovely lady in the dash gets as far as asking for the playlist number but when I answer 1 she says "not possible"

I have saved the playlists in itunes as it says in the hand book i:e "Ford1" etc etc.

Help. :( what am I doing wrong

Here's one for peeps to help me with then.

I have got the cable for my ipod nano and everything works fine apart from voice control to my playlist.

The lovely lady in the dash gets as far as asking for the playlist number but when I answer 1 she says "not possible"

I have saved the playlists in itunes as it says in the hand book i:e "Ford1" etc etc.

Help. :( what am I doing wrong

you did save it as Ford1 without the quotation marks yeah?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club