Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Tail Lights Mk2.5 Focus

ClarkeLad

anyone know if you can put leds like this in the taillights of a mk2.5 focus and are they good?, http://www.ebay.ie/itm/2-x-18SMD-LED-P21W-BA15S-1156-CANBUS-Stop-Brake-Tail-Indicator-Bulbs-Red-/321293841439?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ace9af41f

also will they get brighter when i brake?

Those won't as they're only single filament.

You need 380's.

have a look at my build thread (link in the signature) I think mine is a 380 for my tail and fog light, so should be the same for your tail and brake light?

Thanks. Will the ones on eBay that you linked work. And get brighter when braking like the orginal bulb?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

yep, just double check the fitment is correct, but they definately glow brighter.

Although I havent got a picture of them on the car, and the difference, they definately do have the dual and brighter filament.

All bulbs went through the MOT with no issues as well!

The replacement is a p21w?

That would be the 382 then I think...

If you wanted LED's they do have some.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-T20-580-W21-5W-7443-LED-13-SMD-Red-Tail-Brake-Light-Double-Filament-Bulb-12v-/160998186462?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item257c3d5dde

those are the style I have but come to looking at the ones I bought, I think they are the P21/4w

These are what are currently in place.

I have a Mk2 but I upgraded the red rear lights to clear facelift ones. I also wired in a wee LED strip at the top to light up the whole unit like the genuine Ford LED versions, but now my standard red halogen bulb looks a bit orange-y next to the deep red LEDs at the top. (See my build thread linked below in my signature)

So I'm after the same bulbs as yourself, LED stop/tails that will work the same way the current twin filament bulb does - get brighter when braking! Just been worried if they'll be bright enough in daylight too.

When searching eBay for 'twin filament red LED' I only get one result - http://www.ebay.ie/itm/24-LED-TWIN-FILAMENT-RED-LED-STOP-TAIL-LIGHT-BULBS-1157-BAY15D-P21-5W-380-x-2-/130748791843?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e713c3c23

Had more on amazon last week but don't have links handy at the minute.

Whereabouts in Donegal are you by the way?

I'm in moville, not from from yourself. so you think the 380 will fit?

As already said, you should check the fitment first. I have a 2008 Focus and the brake/tail light bulbs have staggered and offset pins on them which is a BAZ15s fitting. Not so easily found aftermarket parts.

The 380 is a twin filament bulb so works as a tail and brake bulb (two contacts on the base plus offset pins so it will only fit the holder one way).

Indeed they will.

On a MK2 the bulbs need to be white (red lenses).

On a MK2.5 the bulbs need to be red (clear lenses).

just to confirm, even on my CMAX, I have red lenses, and I use the red bulbs and they work very well indeed.

I'm in moville, not from from yourself. so you think the 380 will fit?

Nice one, I work in Letterkenny so not too far at all. Have ye ordered bulbs yet? Looking to hear what they're like and if any good I'll get a pair ordered myself.

I go to college in letterkenny!, never see your car around, yep just bought them.

Ah right! I work in Ballyraine there and come in the road from Lifford so don't be up the town too much past the IT. The odd trip to the Colonel or the shopping centre for lunch is about the height of it!

Will keep an eye out for ye!

• Like 1

the LED's didnt fit will post some pics later

Aw naw, not good. Can you return them just aye? I'm guessing the bulb head itself doesn't fit in the lights, too tall maybe, as the pins should be ok. Did ye get any pics? I'm gonna try and get a look for a suitable pair today.