Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Tail Lights Mk2.5 Focus

ClarkeLad

The pins on the side of the bulb where is the wrong place- they where straight across and for my lights the must be at an angle. I will put some pictures up this evening of the bulbs that are in the car..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

No- the pins on mine are different here's a picture of the ones I got. Cant get on mobile ill get it up in a while

Like I said in my previous post, they have to have offset and staggered pins.The pins should sit at 120degrees and not 180degrees like the ones in your picture. I had the same problem. Never resolved it to be honest.

Yes that was the problem. I dont think there are any leds to suit the 120°?

There are some out there. If you search eBay for BAZ15s you will find them. But they might not be the type you are wanting.

Just searched eBay. No results. Think il just get standard bulbs.

There are some out there. If you search Ebay for BAZ15s you will find them. But they might not be the type you are wanting.

I think it's actually BAZ15d (d for double contact on the base for the stop/tail function, as opposed to s for single contact) that we're after, something like these maybe (I just searched eBay for "BAZ15d red led")...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7225-BAZ15d-P21-4W-CANBUS-SMD-LED-Stop-Tail-bulbs-RED-/140731318861?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20c43d824d

Yep, the pins are at the right angle, though for the mk2.5 the pins are at the same level in terms of height.

Right, what a shambles! I remember when I first had to replace the standard red bulb going into the motor factors and the guy kinda grimacing when I told him what it was for... Told me how they're a really rare bulb and he only knows them used on the facelift Focus and Saabs maybe, practically justifying why they were about a fiver each!

Anyway, after doing a bit of research it seems the fitment we're after is BAU15d.

post-30295-0-46450500-1390396269_thumb.g

Offset angled pins, but not staggered in terms of height. So now the challenge is to find a red LED version!

yep that seems to be them!, at this stage id be happy just to find a normal bulb replacement that is 20 euro a bulb!

Saw those ones you linked aye, no price or anything though and seems you have to make an inquiry to find out availability or place an order, so might do that to see if they do small orders or if they're just bulk suppliers.

So have you a bulb out or what and need a replacement? Time I needed one I got a standard red one in Lifford for about a fiver but you can get a pair for about that price online I think...

One of them the paint is chipped so it allows yellow light to shine though and it doesn't look very good

I was working at the back of the car yesterday evening there, changing the boot switch, so decided to remove the lights while i was there for a closer look at my bulbs... Mine are definitely offset (120degrees) and staggered (different height) pins. Are these the type of LEDs you've bought but can't fit?

I'd be happy to take them off you and try them on mine if you haven't returned them yet? Do you have any pics of the standard bulbs when you removed them and/or the new LEDs you bought? Would like to see pics just to clarify as it's strange that the pins on yours are at the same height when mine are offset.

Hello - mine are also the same as yours 120° and a different height. Yes I have returned mine and have been refunded. Going up to hegertys in letterkenny tomoro to ask about bulbs.

Yep, the pins are at the right angle, though for the mk2.5 the pins are at the same level in terms of height.

Ah right, I thought when you posted the above you were saying that the bulbs you bought had staggered pins, but the Focus needed same height pins. I'm gonna try order some LEDs then cos I think offset and staggered shouldn't be too hard to find! BAZ15d as mentioned by Marty.

I think they are baw15d?

You're spot on aye... They look similar as they're both offset and staggered, but the pins are the other way about if ye know what I mean. At least I'm clear now that we def need BAW15d!

Happy to help!

Right, having done a bit more research on this, the only BAW15d red LED Bulbs I've found are in Italy, and even then I don't think I trust them as the pic they've used to illustrate the pin layout is the wrong way around, even though the actual pics of the bulbs seem ok and they have had positive eBay feedback on them. Postage to UK is coming up at €20 though, which aint happening.

Through eBay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1189212-Lampadina-BA15D-a-led-GTR-BAW15D-SMD-Led-Rosso-BAW15D-D-GEAR-11892-/281145805658?pt=Ricambi_automobili&hash=item4175988b5a

Or website - http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=http://www.speedup.it/auto/lampadine-auto/luci-di-segnalazione/lampadina-baw15d-a-led/gtr-baw15d-smd-led-rosso-baw15d-d-gear_1189212.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dred%2Bled%2Bbaw15d%26start%3D10%26sa%3DN%26biw%3D976%26bih%3D461

The other LED option I've come across I picked up from a Range Rover forum, which is to get a pair of the BAY15d ones that you had, and just file down the lower pin to get them to fit, with the higher pin being enough to secure them in place. I think I'm gonna attempt this soon as my current ones are getting less red by the day it seems, someone thought the other day it was an indicator bulb in there. Probably wouldn't look as bad if it were on it's own, but in comparison to the LEDs at the top it's not good.

The other option I found were these Osram diadem bulbs...not cheap, but seem to have a silver coating and glow red, so ideal for our clear units and would match my silvatec indicators well.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OSRAM-DIADEM-RED-PR21-5W-12V-21-5W-BAW-15D-SINGLE-BLISTER-PACK-REAR-STOP-LIGHT-/400645901723?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5d485b4d9b

Failing all that, standard ones on the bay for £2.50 a pair!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-X-567-car-bulbs-RED-BRAKE-STOP-TAIL-LIGHT-12V-21-5W-BAW15D-OFF-SET-PINS-/111266439362?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19e7ff20c2

What a torture! :blink:

Yes I was thinking on doing that but I found a set on amazon for 6.99 free uk postage!

Just read a few of the reviews to check if anyone had fitting issues but no complaints so you should be fine, fingers crossed!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club