Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2.5 Handbraker Lever Cover

InKontrol

Evening all,

I've bought one of these off eBay and just wondered how to fit it when it arrives? I've seen a guide on here about fitting LED lights to the cup holders, which mentions that you can remove the gaitor by lifting the armrest lid, removing two torx screws and sliding the gaitor off that way. However that's just the gaitor, I will need to remove the factory fitted black plastic handle which apparently has to be cut off using a sharp knife, is this the case?

I've got the same handbrake cover and yes you have to cut the old one off. You'll need a very sharp knife and be prepared to swear at it a lot.

Evening all,

I've bought one of these off eBay and just wondered how to fit it when it arrives? I've seen a guide on here about fitting LED lights to the cup holders, which mentions that you can remove the gaitor by lifting the armrest lid, removing two torx screws and sliding the gaitor off that way. However that's just the gaitor, I will need to remove the factory fitted black plastic handle which apparently has to be cut off using a sharp knife, is this the case?

simple job mate.

what i did was get a pice of wood 2x1 and held it at the back of the brake handle and tapped it with a hammer until it slid of.then just put the new one on.thats what i did to mine . hth

If you can slip it off then ideal.

I actually have one of those covers too but never got around to fitting it.

Does the button drop off on removing the cover or is it secured to the lever?

I'm concerned about the button pinging off into the distance ;)

If you can slip it off then ideal.

I actually have one of those covers too but never got around to fitting it.

Does the button drop off on removing the cover or is it secured to the lever?

I'm concerned about the button pinging off into the distance ;)

my button was still sitting on the end of the hand brake.wouldnt hurt to keep hold of it.

It arrived today in the post, but there's no sign of a grub screw. The instructions recommend slicing the handle a bit and then using a flat headed screwdriver with a hammer to remove the old one. For saviour's sake I'm not going to slice it, I'll just try and tap it off. The instructions show that the new one needs to be tapped on to the handbrake, but I'll see how it goes tonight.

lol, sledgehammer and fence post it is then Clive?

• Like 1

Holy crap that took a while, 2 hours from start to finish. I had no choice but to cut through the old one, but the new one is miles better. :)

Do you reckon a Dremel across the top of the old one would make it easier/quicker?

Do you reckon a Dremel across the top of the old one would make it easier/quicker?

so what happened to the wood and hammer job.i found it so easy,just came straight off

I swapped mine for the silver one, and now it looks and feels miles better.

To remove the old one I carefully drilled a series if holes along the top of the handbrake cover (don't go too deep) and then it was easy to run a Stanley knife along the top to join the drill holes. I tried just cutting it, but the plastic is quite thick, and it's very hard work without drilling it first. I must admit, I did not think of tapping it off. I wish I had, as then I might have been able to put the old one back on when I sell the car.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club