Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ticking From Engine

ChrisH

My 1.8TDCI started ticking this weekend. I first thought it was tappet noise, as car has done 138000 miles, but it was only heard at idle, and as soon as a little revs were put on, it went away. I have read about ticking injectors, and wondered if it could be this.... Sunday evening when going for some diesel, the noise just went away. (the tank was pretty empty all weekend, which is not normal for me). Anyhow, filled up with Shell diesel (normally use Shell or BP), and still OK. On way home from work last night it started again, but went away again. Is this more likely a dirty injector, or a faulty injector.

Would running some BG244 through the system do it good. I have seen something called Archoil Ar6400, anyone used this at all???

Thanks for any advice guys

BG244 wont hurt at all, it could certainly aid it, but I wonder if its more a bearing or similar at the alternator is starting to wear, so it may be worth applying silicon lubricant to the pulleys etc to see if you can ease the burden.

Thanks. Ordered some archoil, see how that goes. Will take a closer listen at the weekend to the alternator see if I can pin anything down.

• 4 months later...

get the same issue, only started realising it after i put in Mobil super 3000 5w/30 oil which i realised is Acea A5/B5

i put some Shell oil back in which i had before but i must have caused some damage to the engine :( as the noise is the same

how long does the oil pressure light stay on for when the car has started? im on 129000 miles

up to 2-3 seconds,

How long was the wrong spec oil in the car before it was changed again

Jamie

This was finally sorted out recently. I pulled injector number one, and didnt see much wrong with it, except alot of shiny black deposits around it. Cleaned it up, and replaced the seal and put it back in, and it ended up fuel pouring out of the leakoff pipe. It seems it was the leakoff pipe seal all the time, not fully sealing, and the cause was the R clip. I rebent the R clip, and now all OK. Ticking stopped, and fuel economy has shot up, from around 52-53MPG to nearer 59.

up to 2-3 seconds,

How long was the wrong spec oil in the car before it was changed again

Jamie

about 500 miles

Result!

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

remember its just the spec thats wrong, not the thickness,

I dont personlly thing any damage would have occured,

Jamie

p.s mine ticks when i go around country lane corners, only cylinder 1 does it between 1500-2000 revs

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club