Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Main Dealer

rockett

Had an intermittent fault on car snd had 3 garages look and no closer to the problem.

So finally decided to book into ford main dealer for diagnostics at the price of £100.

How good are ford at finding issues with car. Will there diagnostic software find any electrical faults for sure? Or there system no better then any indie garage?

Just worried ill be £100 lighter and no better off

What's ur problem depends on the mechanic if it intermitting most likely wiring issue an very hard to pinpoint if no faults an problem not occurring while they have the car

They will defiently be able to make it do it, it happens every time you drive the car but just at random times ive been told it fuel related and if like u say electical tht narrows it down abit. i think its fuel pressure sensor but with out any codes or live data im !Removed! in the wind. You think they will be able to rule out the sensors if its not them?

Describe to me wats happening like when does happen usual or is it just random

Usually when watm just cruising along the car will cut out for a secound or two then jump back into life like some one turned the key off and on again

2008 but a mk6 1.4 tdci

Egr balnked off and fuel filter changed

Does it happen during accelerating or coasting what happens to instrument cluster does all lights start flashing when comes back on

Coasting and gentle acceleration instrument cluster usually does nothing but sometimes the lights light up like uve turned key to ignition

I don't think u should get injectors tested if it intermitting they could test them an tell u they fine an u waste load money was there a fault code why he say test injectors

No fault codes or anything! Just said they can't find anything wrong and the next step would be to test the injectors.

The car getting progressively worse and had to call the aa out to tow to a garage. They said they think it could be a faulty fuel control valve\solenoid. See wat garage say Monday wish me some luck lol

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Ford OC mobile app

Imv valves do give trouble but to cut out an start again itself sounds like guess work they should drive car with live data an wait for problem to occur check readings stupid just start throwing parts at it special when it's out ur pocket

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club