Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Ghia 2004

elina

Hello everyone,

I bought last week a Ford Fiesta Ghia 2004, 1.3

And that is all i know about the car.i looked it up but i cannot find anything on it. It has central locking,but not a remote one,and no alarm. Is it possible? Or maybe it is just not working?

If anyone has the same model,please help me out a little..

Thanks

Elina

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Ford OC mobile app

A 2004 fiesta ghia will have full specs, air con heated front screen electric mirrors/windows, either velour or full leather upholstry,front fog lights, fully colour coded bumpers,body mouldings. Here is the order of trim level specifications for the mk6(2002-2005) studio,finesse,style,LX,zetec,ghia,zetec s, ST.

So you have a very well equipped wee fez:-)

Also you should have remote central locking with alarm, maybe the remote key is missing? Have you asked the previous owner?

No i havent.but he gave me two keys with no remote control.a couple of more qurstions..the heating works only on 4. 1,2,3 are dead..do you know approximately how much that would cost?or could i fix it by myself?

I'm convinced your car should be equipped with remote central locking.... There's a test you can do to check..... Insert key into ignition and twist to II and back to 0, 4 times within 5 seconds If a tone(beep) is heard then your car has remote locking capability and all you need is a remote key, which can be bought from eBay for roughly £30, and provided the two keys you have are pre programmed to your immobiliser then you will be able to program the key yourself(a really simple process I can help you with)

As for your heater blower, you most definitely just need a blower resistor pack....

http://bit.ly/1moP9rK

I haven't fitted one on the fiesta but I did on my previous non ford car, I believe on the fiesta it is located in the drivers footwell, but to access it you have to remove the lower plastic panel (5screws) two are hidden inside the little storage compartment. Then on the passenger footwell remove the small trim panel on the right hand side to give access behind your heater and stereo unit. Then I'm sure it will become visible with the panels off, looking at the eBay picture of the resistor it will just plug straight in with no fuss once your old one is removed.

Keep is posted in how you get on with it. :-)

Thank you so much!!i will try the key thing today!!for the rest i will wait for the weekend!!i will keep you posted!

• Like 1

I did the test!! I have it!! It beeped!!!hehehe yeiiiii!!!so now lets get it right..can you suggest a specific remote control?i would like one with the ford sign,an that i could fit my key on it..

That's great! I thought it would :-) especially being the ghia. You can buy a new key, I found this one that should work with your car,

I did try to find the newer flip key but the seller didn't have any so sent me the link to this one...... http://bit.ly/1f47QQV

Now I am not 100% sure whether you will be able to code the key to your immobiliser, as I can't be sure that the two keys you have were original keys that came with the car (maybe you could contact the previous owner to see whether he just got the second key "cloned" if he did then I'm not sure if it will be a straightforward task coding the key to your car. Maybe another member could shed some light on the subject?

Unfortunately not.... Unless you fit a whole new remote locking kit.

Buying the key with the buttons and electronics is the best way to go, I did it to my car(which wasn't even remote capable) if you can afford to take lose £30 if it doesn't work then I suggest you go ahead and take the chance.

Just recieved a message from the guy selling the keys and he says he's quite sure as long as you have two keys that start the car then another can be coded to your car. Then all you would have to do is let it cut ten you will have a brand new key. I fought my key from the same seller and the key has a wee ford badge on the back too :-)

Thats great!so all i have to do is order the keys and then take them to a guy to cut them as mine..i think this would be the expensive one..since i live in Germany..So great news!!i am also waiting a reply from the former car owner about the keys..and from ford to take a look at the car..i have to be sure its worth the while.i will keep you informed.so far..Thank you!

I will have another look on eBay later to see if I can find a seller that can cut the key and send it to you already cut(you would either need your code for your key(in handbook) or send the seller a photo of your key and they could cut it from the images.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok!it was a piece of cake,but! Well you need to know exactly where your heating resistor is,otherwise you will pake out all of your car pieces as i did!! I finally found it under the glove compartment,on the left side..you will see the pics below..

And it works!thanks !!

post-49862-139299139192_thumb.jpg

post-49862-139299140765_thumb.jpg

post-49862-139299141936_thumb.jpg

Cool, glad to hear you got it sorted :-) and very useful to me and all the other mk6 owners on here that you uploaded photos of its location :-)

Are you still going to do your remote central locking?

Yes i am, i just wait for the time i can afford it!i want to do it right. not just one key, two beacause we are two!

So it has to wait a while.i will tell you then coz i will need guidance!

Till then,

Elina

No worries just give me a shout when you are ready to go ahead with the RCL and we'll have you both remote locking in no time:-)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club