Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Egr Cleaning

dodge55

Hi. Just joined the site so Hi to everyone and thanks for the site!

Have a 2011 new focus 1.6 125bhp and it usually drives ok but sometimes I get lack of power. Everything's fine then suddenly the engine really seems to struggle to accelerate and seems to 'groan' if I put my foot down. This has been mostly during the winter when it's pretty cold. Someone told me my EGR valve and another sensor will be gummed up. I'm fairly practical and would remove if I knew where it was. Have checked Halfords for manuals but can't find one and have drawn a blank on the net. Has anyone had this problem and can anyone point me in the right direction re EGR cleaning?

Thanks

not sure of its location on the MK3, but if you look at the Ford Guides section, then "Focus Guides" then look in there for Lenny's "EGR Blank" guide, that should give you a not in the direction to look.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. New to the site so haven't had a chance to look around. Like your article and it's easy to follow. I'll try and locate the valve and see if I think I can do it. Have sent for some Archoil 6400 in the meantime so will use that first as it has good reviews for general inlet cleaning and should help the engine to burn off deposits. Thanks again!

No Worries,

Lenny definately did a good job on that guide, its invaluable to a lot of us here!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club