Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mk5 Fiesta TD (can you use a focus TD ecu?)

Choc

I was wondering if changing the ECU in my TD fiesta with one from a focus TD of the same year would work? The fiesta TD has just 73bhp and the focus has 88bhp... but from what i can gather they are the same engine...

Or are the keys linked into the ecu or something complicated like that?

I would quiet like a bit more poke from the car if you know what i mean....

Thanks

CHOC

Hiya

Dont think that will work. Also the keys are linked into the ecu.

Not sure if the fiesta has it but you can chip diesel Toyotas so wondering if the chip is avaialble to fords too? Maybe worth checking out.

• 1 month later...

I would he thought that messing with ecu's would be dangerous. After all, it is the computer. Would have thought personally, that only an ecu from the same car as yours would work, but I'm sure it would have to be re-mapped.

Then again I have a lot to learn about messing about with engines and shizz. Do let me know if I've got it wrong anyone. :P

• 2 months later...
I would he thought that messing with ecu's would be dangerous. After all, it is the computer. Would have thought personally, that only an ecu from the same car as yours would work, but I'm sure it would have to be re-mapped.

Then again I have a lot to learn about messing about with engines and shizz. Do let me know if I've got it wrong anyone. :P

Best bet is to put a powerbox on it from TDIpower.de. They cost about £100.00 and gave me an extra 30bhp and 10 mpg on the Fiesta 1.6, and on the Ranger I got 35 bhp and 6mpg more. They piggy back the common rail and basically lie to the ECU about fuel pressure. The ECU gives more fuel and hey presto you have better torque and mpg. These units are digital and work within the safe parameters of the engine ECU , so no management problems.

Hope this helps,

Nick..

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club