Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Doesn't Cut Off When You Unplug The #1 Ht Lead

benni boi

I posted on here about my fiesta engine running rough & I was told that when you unplug the ht lead the engine should die. When you take the #1 plug lead off the engine stays running but when you unplug any of the other leads the engine dies as it should.

I've replace the ht leads for brand new ones & replaced the coil pack for a 2nd hand one but still does the same. Does this mean then there is a problem with the cylinder?

I haven't changed te spark plugs but I have swapped the #2 & #1 plugs around to see if it's the plug but it still does the same.

As for fault code I don't have a fault code reader & it's only a 97 fiesta so no computer on dash

Passenger footwell there diagnostic socket swapping plugs won't tell u anything miss fire will just change to next cylinder I would replace plugs first they cheapest option

Thing is yes I swapped the plugs, #2 plug to #1, but the problem still stayed at the #1 not move to #2 so can't be the plugs. I'm only a DIY mechanic with average knowledge but starting to think it sounds like it's running on 3 cylinders although I'm not 100% certain what that sounds like lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club