Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Longest Journey

Jonny87

mine soon will be 8500 miles to Mongolia in july. gonna need a bigger thermos flask for that one

other than that i regularly drive from bournemouth to sunderland and back in a day, 700 miles.

This is probably a stupid question (I have never driven outside of the UK and Eire) but what is it like driving on the right? Does it totally do your head in the entire time? or do you sometimes forget and start driving on the left... and roundabouts going the wrong way, and sitting on the wrong side of the car etc etc? To be honest this is the only it that really bothers me about crossing the channel, and im wondering if anyone has any issues with it, or any tips?

not a stupid question, i had waited since i started driving to drive on the continent. the min i turned 21 we booked our ferry and we was of, i was nervous, but when i got over there i completly forgot, the only thing that worried me was roundabouts but it was fine in the end, as i just forgot about the other side of the road... i loved every min of it.. going around paris was very busy but avoid italian drivers, or use the finger sign hahaha as i did hehe

just take regular breaks as the drive can take it out of u, but they have some great roads in france an over the pyreenees is great views... if u go down try the millau viaduct route as its a huge viaduct to drive over and the view from top and underneath it is amazing!

not a stupid question, i had waited since i started driving to drive on the continent. the min i turned 21 we booked our ferry and we was of, i was nervous, but when i got over there i completly forgot, the only thing that worried me was roundabouts but it was fine in the end, as i just forgot about the other side of the road... i loved every min of it.. going around paris was very busy but avoid italian drivers, or use the finger sign hahaha as i did hehe

just take regular breaks as the drive can take it out of u, but they have some great roads in france an over the pyreenees is great views... if u go down try the millau viaduct route as its a huge viaduct to drive over and the view from top and underneath it is amazing!

Thanks for the reply Johnny. Im quite looking forward to doing a bit of Continental driving now, hopefully by end of the year. The thing that amazes me is that once you've crossed the channel, you can drive anywhere!

Mine has only been Chester to Wrexham... not that far at all lol.

Only been driving for a month though... I would like to do a big long drive soon though. Maybe to London or something :)

Mine has only been Chester to Wrexham... not that far at all lol.

Only been driving for a month though... I would like to do a big long drive soon though. Maybe to London or something :)

We like Chester especially the zoo--I think Janet's got some relatives there!!! :lol::lol:

The longest run we've done in Noddy (Janet's Sportka) is down to Bodelwyddan for a long weekend.

For a comparatively small car, they are very comfortable so you'll get loads of mileage out of yours. ;)

My longest drive was an occasional 502 miles trip from Pompey to "somewhere in Scotland" when I was serving in the Royal Navy.

As a biker, I did the Lands End to John o' Groats (and back) challenge. We went two-up on a 500cc super-scooter, endeavouring NOT to use M-ways at all if we could help it. I depended on Geraldine (my trusty Garmin GPS) and we traveled 2088 miles overall and were on the road for a total of 39.5 hours (I kept a log). We took our time and limited the daily legs to no more than about 300 miles at a time so we could enjoy the scenery and the lovely Scottish roads (more or less traffic free!).

It rained every day. :ph34r:

The furthest i've driven is from Skipton to Woolacombe, via Silverstone and Uxbridge...and back...was about 600 miles in total i think..possibly more.

When i was younger though, we used to go on holiday to Italy and my dad drove there are back 3 times, it was a good experience, but this was before the days of aircon..so it was hot!!!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club