Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Festoons Or 501S?

atherm3

Hi all

Nice easy one most likely, will be replacing all interior lighting on my MK 2.5 Focus, I can see that the the footwell has 501 fittings ready and waiting, but what are the interiors that are in the boot/number plate and of course between the driver and passenger?

Also has anyone ever added additional fittings to the rear passenger area? Dark as hell back there when loading my daughter into her seat after nursery etc.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Ford OC mobile app

Also has anyone ever added additional fittings to the rear passenger area? Dark as hell back there when loading my daughter into her seat after nursery etc.

you dont have a interior roof light in the back? number plate bulbs are a 501 same as under the wing mirrors.

Numberplate and boot definity 501's.

Interior light bulb types depend on build level.

They could be festoon or 501's.

I fitted a blue LED strip at the back of my centre console and it lights up the rear footwell nicely.

White LED's would be more beneficial to you or as stated above get a rear roof light added.

Not hard to install but if you're not confident then any half decent auto electrician/mechanic could do it in about 30 minutes.

stoney, i thought all focus's came with a rear interior light fitted.......

you dont have a interior roof light in the back? number plate bulbs are a 501 same as under the wing mirrors.

Nah there's no light there, must be due to being only zetec spec? The wing mirror 501s, are those puddle lights or just the indicator bulbs? I don't have the puddle lights but would like them.

my bad sorry. i have puddle lights in my wing mirrors and also have a rear interior light. i forget sometimes that all arnt the same....

The indicators and puddle lights are both 501.

Not all Focus have rear courtesy lights unfortunately.

A bit of wiring and cutting of the headliner is needed but straightforward as long as you have a steady hand and mark the cut lines carefully.

Numberplate and boot definity 501's.

Interior light bulb types depend on build level.

They could be festoon or 501's.

Thanks, I'll pop the front light out and look before I order.

Any idea what settings the footwell lights are when in the standard fittings? I.E. on when car unlocks but dim when engone starts, much like the interior.

The footwell lights indeed work exactly the same as the automatic courtesy light settings.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club