Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Matte Black Vinyl Wrap Hard Water Marks

ZTECS MATTE BLACK

post-49700-0-16327100-1390170191_thumb.j

hi all

looking for some general help please

I have just come back from a long tour (armed forces) my car has been parked outside for over five months, I have a fully wrapped matte black fiesta zetec s.

when I left the car looked the dogs Bs now it looks like it has been bleached on the bonnet and roof se photo attatched. I can only assume its hard water staining. i have tried pressure washing the deposits off but to no avail!! tried elbow grease but I don't want to damage the vinyl.

apart from taking it back to Hendy ford to try and get it re- wrapped under warranty (probably slim to no chance) I am looking for a solution to the problem. are there any products that anyone can suggest?

any help would be greatly appreciated

Baz

I note the trees in the picture, the leaves can contain sap that can stain paint, the sun can also bleach the wrap,(this is what i think has happened) its possible it has faded so cannot be fixed by washing - if it was paint it could be buffed out - i don't know about wrap

• Like 1

Hi there!

Thank you for the response, I have had the car sat in Portsmouth dockyard for most of the time whilst I've been away, so by what you think it will probably be sun damage. I thought about the hard water route due to it being near the sea for a long period of time

Once again thank you for your advice may have to bite the bullet and take it back to ford

Thanks

Baz

• Like 1

I believe petrol spills when fueling can stain the matt finish aswell,

Tricky stuff to keep rite,

I think that stuff is made of PVC, the same as insulating tape, once its discoloured (ie bleached with the sun) i don't think there is anything that can bring it back to how it was, any kind of solvent will probably make it worse, cutting it or buffing it may leave marks, discolur it worse or rip it to bits - its one for a valeter or wrapping expert

The options may be to have it all removed or replaced

Hi all thank-you for all your input. am gonna try the white vinegar in a inconspicuous area if that fails then off to ford I go ;)

Will keep you posted how I get on

Hi all

We'll I tried the white vinegar route and............... Nope no joy :( gonna have to bite the bullet me thinks and see what ford will say, hopefully as it was a factory job they will renew it, if not they can take it off there's perfect panther black paint under the wrap

Hey oh the price we pay to try and be different

Thanks for all the advice!!

Baz