Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Its Done

WelshAde

Just back from my local dealership, ive ordered my fiesta even though i havnt had my driving licence returned yet( been ill and had to surrender it to the dvla )

I have ordered the Zetec S 1.6 petrol in panther black,

i added the following options

Metalic paint

street pack

bluetooth usb combo

side skirts

quickclear windscreen

alloy pedals

and thats my lot.

Been told 6 to 8 weeks for delivery, thats me full circle, 34 and im back in a fiesta after 15 years lol

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WelshAde

• BenW

• jayb

• Jonny87

Top Posters In This Topic

Just back from my local dealership, ive ordered my fiesta even though i havnt had my driving licence returned yet( been ill and had to surrender it to the dvla )

I have ordered the Zetec S 1.6 petrol in panther black,

i added the following options

Metalic paint

street pack

bluetooth usb combo

side skirts

quickclear windscreen

alloy pedals

and thats my lot.

Been told 6 to 8 weeks for delivery, thats me full circle, 34 and im back in a fiesta after 15 years lol

Great choice that man!

The body kit is a must as far as I'm concerned--just finishes the job off so to speak.

Quickclear windscreen is another really handy little tool--I love it!!

Even though we've got a garage you'd never get the car in there---it's full of other stuff like everybody's I suppose!! :lol:

Don't forget the compulsory photos as soon as you get it............ ;)

Sounds great, looking forward to seeing the pics in a few months time, I have a zetec s in Frozen white with the Mountune upgrade and luv it - I am 40 and back to driving a fiesta, the zs reminds me of my xr2.

ahh yea the good ol xr2, i always wanted one but when i was 17 insurance was way too much on them, my cousin went and bought one and i loved going for drives in it, good old days eh!!

Just found out today there is a 15 weeks delay on Fiesta 17" alloy's.

6-8 weeks estimate, not taking into account the delays :(

Sorry to pass on the bad news, but like you was told 6-8 weeks, Im passed week 7 now and still no build date and just been told why! doh!

Amazing car though, you've got a good'un there :)

Ben

15 weeks!! damn thats a long wait , i'll see if my dealer says the same to me monday

15 weeks!! damn thats a long wait , i'll see if my dealer says the same to me monday

Yeah, my salesperson said its come up on their system that there are delays due to wheels! grrrrr. Bit annoyed ford can run out, especially as the car has now been so popular for 6months!! Oh well, at least now know why eh!

Ben

Just found out today there is a 15 weeks delay on Fiesta 17" alloy's.

6-8 weeks estimate, not taking into account the delays :(

Sorry to pass on the bad news, but like you was told 6-8 weeks, Im passed week 7 now and still no build date and just been told why! doh!

Amazing car though, you've got a good'un there :)

Ben

15 Weeks delay on the wheels? who told you that? did they show you any proof? And does that mean that they wont have the 17" alloys for 15 weeks from now??? Coz that will mid september!!!

ben, are they fobbing you off mate, i just phoned my salesman and he says it says nothing of the sort on his system??

ben, are they fobbing you off mate, i just phoned my salesman and he says it says nothing of the sort on his system??

Cheers for this post WelshAde!

its ok, i hate long waits, i had one of the first ST's when they were released and waited 7 months for it!! that was a nitemare

mm Ben, maybe you should get them to put on the standard 16inch wheels for now, then "when" the 17inch ones come back in stock, get them to change them over - either that or knock off £400!!!!

Naaa, i ent being fobbed off.

My saleman found out infront of me when he was chasing/authorising a new car order. He said ford have told them/now showing on their system ford have a 15 week delay on fiesta's when you have the 17" wheels.

Hes kept me up to date when ever I've asked anything and he was not fobbing me off, as he knows I'm happy as long as im in the loop either way. Obviously they dont want to be advertising they have delays but they do!!

For example I know for a fact the ford KA has a 6month delay!!! Order from christmas are only just being built now! My mate has just bought one and his estimated delivery date is end of October, which suitable him as he got a good deal and time to save for a big deposit.

I was not fobbed off im afraid to say, and mine and other's who's car's were ordered a couple of months ago that still do not have build dates... it kinda makes sense now.

Fiesta's without the 17" 's are still a 6-9 week turnaround.

Dealers cant magic up some wheels, they are only told whats what from ford, which they have rang about my order twice. Firstly to make sure order has gone through and no issues and secondly to make it a dealer priority build. so meh.

Im reasonably happy, at least can forsee something in 6weeks-ish time and have time to possibly put more cash down on it.

It's not an extended 15 week delay, its a 15week turnaround. So i should be getting a build date in about 2 weeks and estimate get the car in about 4 after that.

Ben

It's not an extended 15 week delay, its a 15week turnaround. So i should be getting a build date in about 2 weeks and estimate get the car in about 4 after that.

Ben

After popping in to see my dealer on Friday, while I was waiting for Noddy (Janet's Sportka) I was talking to the owner who was telling me that factory lead times are getting longer for the new Fiesta because of its popularity.

That, coupled with the economic recession, is bound to slow down the output of cars to the dealers so I guess that you are all going to experience some delays along the line.

Mind you, if they get any longer, I might as well order my ST or RS now so that if / when they do bring them out I won't have to wait too long!!! :lol::lol:

hmmm, well ill go in tomorrow and see if he can get me some more info, if he states a 15 week delay then i might cancel the car and get something else, i cant wait no longer than the 6-8 weeks .

Yeah, sorry matey. Im on week 8 now and no build date cus of the delay.

As said, might be worth changing the order for the 16" wheels if possible? But personally, i dont want to do that. And as said I'll get a couple more pay days than i initially expected so can put more money down so it suits me fine.

Keep us posted

yea, if its bad news then i'll cancel anf get something else, i need a car for work so i cant wait longer than the 8 weeks, i live in a very small coastal town and the only jobs are miles away, im getting my licence back in about 6 weeks so it would of been good timing,

I doubt welshade your car will come in 6-8 weeks anyway, wait seems to be ages at the moment!

might have to have a re-think and maybe get a focus instead, but there is a fiesta in stock at the dealers with the exact same spec but not in black

hmmm, well ill go in tomorrow and see if he can get me some more info, if he states a 15 week delay then i might cancel the car and get something else, i cant wait no longer than the 6-8 weeks .

I look forward to hearing what your dealer has to say... If my car takes 15 weeks to build I will not only be without a car for a month and a half, but I will also miss a family wedding.

To be honest, from what I have been hearing this is just another excuse in a long line of bullsh*t that people have been fed from their dealers, from memory this is what we have had so far...

-No Wheels

-Tyres run out

-Sent to wrong country

-Ford changing hauliers

-Truck drivers striking

-Too much spec

-Run out of display screens

-All 3 doors and titaniums are delayed coz they are most popular

There have been a few more but I cannot remember the rest atm.

Question: Why haven't any two people been give the same reason/excuse?

I have a strong feeling its because dealers are making up any old story that comes to mind to get disgruntled customers off the forecourt.

My dealer has told me that my car is delayed, but he didn't bother making up a story

well, i went to the dealer today and he said that he's not heard anything about the alloy excuse?

he looked on his system and there was no mention of it?

-No Wheels

-Tyres run out

-Sent to wrong country

-Ford changing hauliers

-Truck drivers striking

-Too much spec

-Run out of display screens

-All 3 doors and titaniums are delayed coz they are most popular

There have been a few more but I cannot remember the rest atm.

We have moved production to Italy but as the speghetti trees are out in full fruit all the roads are blocked and cant get the cars through.

Run out of paint (any colour)

only have rear seats in stock

only have front seats in stock

dont have any seats at all

no air for the airbags

godzilla ate the factory

this is a ROVER dealership

we only have wheels that fit left hand drive cars

Kristal