Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Titanium vs Zetec S

JAR897

Zetec S or Titanium  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the better car overall?

• Titanium X
    • Zetec S

This can't happen as the fiesta has sensors to check that the remote key is INSIDE the car otherwise the car will not start.

CVan't say about the dodge as I don't know.

This can't happen as the fiesta has sensors to check that the remote key is INSIDE the car otherwise the car will not start.

Really? How do you know this? Can somebody with keyless check this out?

Really? How do you know this? Can somebody with keyless check this out?

I know you can't get in the car if the key is in the house, in my case, 10 ft away.

Not having keyless on mine now - had to sacrifice that to get the X Pack. Pennies only run to so far!

If I was purchasing a new fiesta, I would go for the titanium X. Unfortunately, my budget doesn't allow me to yet purchase an MK7 :(

I've got keyless and unless the key is inside the caar it will not start. Even if you stand outside by the door with the key in your hand it won't start.

Also, it won't lock if the key remains inside the car.

hope this helps

Andy

Just watched the Fiesta advert, first time since I ordered mine last Monday that I have seen it, and the car they use (I guess) is the Titanium 3 door as it has chrome fog lights and darkened glass, but it does NOT have the chrome strip running along the bottom of the window. . . .

I vote ZS, mostly because it's what I have :lol: and also I'm not a fan of chrome, it looks ok but keeping it fingerprint-less would drive me up the wall!!

Hi

I would go with the Zetec S. So that I could have the ESP. ESP is really good. (Now changing the subject) A few years ago a Mustang with ESP on it was stolen. every time that the cops tried to stop it. The ESP corrected the car.

Ford now use the video from that chase to train there sales people about ESP. I think that the video is on you tube. If anyone wants a look type in stolen Ford Mustang.

B) B)

It might save your life one day. Or give the cops a run for their money!!!!!

:lol: is it this one?
So funny!

Hi

I would go with the Zetec S. So that I could have the ESP. ESP is really good. (Now changing the subject) A few years ago a Mustang with ESP on it was stolen. every time that the cops tried to stop it. The ESP corrected the car.

Ford now use the video from that chase to train there sales people about ESP. I think that the video is on you tube. If anyone wants a look type in stolen Ford Mustang.

B) B)

It might save your life one day. Or give the cops a run for their money!!!!!

you also get ESP on the TitaniumX

I've never tried driving mine without ESP on come to think of it... Might go for a spin later :blink: literally!

:lol: is it this one?
So funny!

Yep thats the one.

See it at the end when the car is up buy the barrier. IT JUST WRIGGLES ALONG LIKE A FISH!!!

Your right Jonny87. I thought that when I first read the post that it was a bit odd to have a Titanium x with out ESP.

:rolleyes: Silly me.!!!!!

I've never tried driving mine without ESP on come to think of it... Might go for a spin later :blink: literally!

Can you turn the ESP off as I am sure on Top Gear they said that once fitted you couldn't

Can you turn the ESP off as I am sure on Top Gear they said that once fitted you couldn't

Well there's a button so I assume so...?! I am known for being wrong though. Unless it's not a button for that at all... :blink:

this is the bit where it changes! if u have a zetec s with esp u have a button...... if u have a titanium x with esp... no button!!! wouldnt really wanna put it off as it makes a hell of a difference on the country roads when ur giving it some stick!! lol

this is the bit where it changes! if u have a zetec s with esp u have a button...... if u have a titanium x with esp... no button!!! wouldnt really wanna put it off as it makes a hell of a difference on the country roads when ur giving it some stick!! lol

Have to agree with you there - we all think that we are awesome drivers but there is a very fine line between being impressive and being wrapped round a tree!

I had ESP, or whatever they call it on their cars, on my Smart and never noticed it kicking in but I am sure it saved me on more than one occasion when I was having a more 'spirited' drive around some contry lanes

Oh and I would have the Titanium X as I can't have Squeeze on the Zetec S - oh hang on, thats what I have ordered! LOL

I can't really see the point in ESP- it just makes a lot of people think they can drive like nut cases and get away with it! A good chassis doesn't need ESP- Fiesta included. Manufacturers just fit it as it makes the NCAP score better.

Anyway, Titanium all the way, the suspension is a little more supple which means it rides better and also doesn't tramline under braking and get knocked offline by mid corner bumps as much. There was a quote in Autocar from a Ford engineer recently and he admitted that the standard cars set-up is optimum, but they had to make the ZS stiffer as that is what people expect.

So my vote would be Titanium with 16" alloys (the £100 option 7-spoke ones- my Mum has just ordered one!)

I can't really see the point in ESP- it just makes a lot of people think they can drive like nut cases and get away with it! A good chassis doesn't need ESP- Fiesta included. Manufacturers just fit it as it makes the NCAP score better.

Anyway, Titanium all the way, the suspension is a little more supple which means it rides better and also doesn't tramline under braking and get knocked offline by mid corner bumps as much. There was a quote in Autocar from a Ford engineer recently and he admitted that the standard cars set-up is optimum, but they had to make the ZS stiffer as that is what people expect.

So my vote would be Titanium with 16" alloys (the £100 option 7-spoke ones- my Mum has just ordered one!)

Well if it makes the NCAP score better then it makes the car safer. No?

Trouble is that the cheapest way to get the 17" alloys, which in my opinion are the best looking wheels for the new fiesta, you have to have the X Pack and that comes with the ESP . .

No, they fit it as it's proven to do what it says on the tin. What it isn't though is a fail safe which some people believe it is and it wil not defy the law of physics.

• 1 month later...
Ok so I have been looking at a few people's specs and alike, and have decided to make this thread.

Which would you prefer:

OPTION 1 - Ford Fiesta Titanium, (1.6TiVCT Engine) in Sea Grey with Full dress up kit, X pack (leather seats and large rims) and the Technology pack (USB, bluetooth and Key less) £16,420

OPTION 2 - Ford Fiesta Zetec S, (1.6TiVCT Engine) in Sea Grey with Electronic Stability Programme (ESP) with Traction Assist, City Pack, Bluetooth Handsfree and Voice Control and USB Connection, Auto wipers inc auto headlamps, Street Pack, Leather Pack and Side skirts? £16,440

I'm aware that the variety of options may not be what you personally would opt for, but if you were to buy one of the two which would you go for?

The only real difference is that the Zetec S is a CM lower to the ground, has firmer suspention and slightly more sporty seats, where as the Titanium has the chrome, ambient lighting, keyless start, quick clear windscreen and cruise control. (Unless I have missed anything?)

Thanks.

Hi jar

If you are in doubt about the 17 inch optional wheels I would strongly recommend that you go for an extended test drive along some none too smooth roads as I did - boy do you feel the bumps and tram lining is also bad, it sure does add to the fun but you will soon get Ps'ed off with it.

There is also some things that you get extra over and over the Zetec S spec with the Titanium which you perhaps did not notice.

To mention some of the principal ones :-

Map reading lights and courtesy lights

Drivers seat back pocket

E.A.T.C.

Rear Speakers

Electric folding door mirrors

Automatic wipers

Automatic headlights

Front/rear mats

Up graded interior lighting package.

Rear Privacy glass

Higher residual value and lower insurance group

Note - Key less start is a cost option on Titanium

Hope this may help especially as the prices are very close.

It would appear that you get more for less with the Titanium.

ramonford