Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Titanium vs Zetec S

JAR897

Zetec S or Titanium  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the better car overall?

• Titanium X
    • Zetec S

Do you find the ride hard? I have a Titanium on order and asked the dealership to get me smaller wheels for a smoother ride.

I'm not disputing it as I've heard that before but surely large wheels should give you a smoother ride ? Imagine if you were on roller skates ! Potholes are relatively larger to small wheels, I know, I've had cars with eight inch wheels !

The problem with the larger wheels is the lower profile tires, size of wheel makes little difference to quality of ride if you had a high profile tire on it, but that looks stupid so you get a lower profile tire, little to absob the impact.

Persoanlly I think the ride is very very smooth and quiet.

The problem with the larger wheels is the lower profile tires, size of wheel makes little difference to quality of ride if you had a high profile tire on it, but that looks stupid so you get a lower profile tire, little to absob the impact.

Persoanlly I think the ride is very very smooth and quiet.

What is the optimal combination of rims and tires size? (for 17 inch rims)

• 9 months later...

I'd have said the Titanium if you loose the chrome, only reason I didn't get the Titanium is I'd need to have had one built and I'd have been without a car for 6 weeks maybe more, so went for the ZS.

I never used to like the Zetec S, I thought it looked quite chavvy but I really like it now and think I'd seriously consider it once the time comes to choose a new car.

i would have to say the zetec s the chrome does look nice with the black but if i was thinking about that i would just go for the metal has everything

• 2 months later...

Depends what toys u like on the car, mine is basic apart from the bluetooth and that was an offer, had mine about a month now and well pleased so for me id rather the extra cost go into the seats and body kit rather than things i would not use

• 8 months later...

I'd have to say ZS. I've had mine a little over 6 months now, and it still makes me smile to drive it and to even look at it. I think it has a slight edge over the others, but of course that comes down to personal preference, so it really depends on what you are after :)

• 3 months later...

To re-open this can of worms, think the differences now are much larger in the facelift. I think the Zetec S is by far the best looking in the line-up of the non ST cars by a long shot. They just look so much more finished off in my opinion, meaner and sportier. Never had a bad comment yet in person and gets quite a lot of looks :P

If there were a 5 door then I'd go for a ZS.

So Titanium with zs body kit for me ;)

ZS every time. Can't cope with the chrome persoally, it usually ends up coroded. I have 17" with 205x40's fitted and find the ride absolutley fine. Guess it's all about personal choice though, go for what you like, you have to live with it every day.

Long time reader but first time poster here. It was this topic that made me take the leap to join. I spent days flicking the pages in the brochure between the Zetec Sport and Titanium X before making my decision. The Titanium x is a more refined car but for the value for money the zetec sport looks great. My last car was a 2.0 Kuga titanium which i loved but the running costs were too high. I now have the Focus 1.6D Zetec Sport that looks super sporty and is so cheap to run its unreal. Its been 18 months now and i still love it. Its also quite quick for a 1.6.

• 1 year later...

Titanium x,like the toys on them,like them on mine so only way i would go is if i had new one.

chrome don't bother me either way,breaks it up a bit,bit of bling lol.

A no brainer - the Titanium X top of the range choice is more luxurious, has better specification and looks more attractive, a real gem and with 125bhp, sensors to front and rear and 17" wheels takes some beating. Happy Christmas to all.

I was in this dilemma in August but picked titanium ecoboost 125ps ....not Zs or Tx mainly because Zs looks good but not got some toys that I likean the titanium x had stuff I didn't need but some I liked too ....loved the idea of heated seats but didn't see point of having sensors on a small car but was too expensive for me anyway (buying second hand I don't really ever buy new) and then I couldn't resist on what I brought a dealer down to...... Titanium nautical blue (rare colour nowadays) with 15k on it and brought it down from £11k odd to £9,750 plus got them to do the usual stuff diamondbrite it plus full tank of petrol.....love the car to bits and love the colour every time I take a pic of it....it seems like a different shade of blue! It's great and a eye Turner

post-50202-141868644789_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Just to prove on the different shades it looks like one more and check my gallery lol

post-50202-14186866379_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Just parted with a titanium and bought another one. This one's an Ecoboost though.

I was looking at both the titanium and the zetec s, in the end I bought the titanium, it has most of the toys and I'm in the process of putting the zetec so kit on :) so it will be a win win :)269d46a513a0e58ac8666f4dfa1703a1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Oh! I haven't posted a picture of my Titanium X 😆 Much better than a ZS.

20160403_065646_zpsrpp7pcvp.jpg

20160403_065816_zpsyfyqaa5h.jpg

20160403_065738_zpsxxkt0bqu.jpg

• Like 1

On 26/05/2009 at 3:47 PM, Jonny87 said:

What about a compromise to make the ULTIMATE Fiesta?

1. Get a Fully specced Titanium X With ALL the options

2. Add the sport spoiler

3. Lower on eibach springs

4. Add mountune engine upgrade

et voila! You have the Ultimate Fiesta!

When my fiesta finally arrives I will have complete step 1 and 2. Maybe in a few years I will complete 3 and 4.......

I did exactly that. What a great suggestion 

On 17/03/2011 at 7:13 AM, PumpkinSteve said:

Do you find the ride hard?

I'd say yes, I wish I'd gone for 15's. Also, maybe the extra rubber might stop it tramping across the road so much when you hit say a pothole on a bend.

Love my titanium X with full dress up kit on it, wanted, no, needed the toys!!

image.jpeg

Interesting views on this topic. When I was ordering a new car I almost had a deposit down on a fully specc'd Titanium with dress up kit. I could only get one in Ireland with five doors though, which ultimately put me off. The cushiness of the Titanium spec is very appealing though. I love my Red Edition but I do have plans to make it a bit plusher inside. 

Titanium for toys and comfort, Zetec S for sporty looks is the way I've always seen it. Although those titanium ones with the dress-up kits above look the part aswell to be fair!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club