Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Titanium vs Zetec S

JAR897

Zetec S or Titanium  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the better car overall?

• Titanium X
    • Zetec S

Ok so I have been looking at a few people's specs and alike, and have decided to make this thread.

Which would you prefer:

OPTION 1 - Ford Fiesta Titanium, (1.6TiVCT Engine) in Sea Grey with Full dress up kit, X pack (leather seats and large rims) and the Technology pack (USB, bluetooth and Keyless) £16,420

OPTION 2 - Ford Fiesata Zetec S, (1.6TiVCT Engine) in Sea Grey with Electronic Stability Programme (ESP) with Traction Assist, City Pack, bluetooth Handsfree and Voice Control and USB Connection, Auto wipers inc auto headlamps, Street Pack, Leather Pack and Side skirts? £16,440

I'm aware that the variety of options may not be what you personally would opt for, but if you were to buy one of the two which would you go for?

The only real difference is that the Zetec S is a CM lower to the ground, has firmer suspention and slightly more sporty seats, where as the Titanium has the chrome, ambient lighting, keyless start, quick clear windscreen and cruise control. (Unless I have missed anything?)

Thanks.

Personally I would (and have) gone for the Titanium.

I just find the Cruise control, ambient lighting and Keyless start more benificial than some sporty seats and a slightly firmer ride. Infact, I prefer smooth rides.

Also, i'm not as keen on the red stitching in the Leather pack on the Zetec S as I am with the white in the Titanium. I also think the chrome finishes it off well.

(lol, I know I've replyed to my own post but please feel free to join in) :D

I know i ordered the Zetec S, but the perfect fiesta for me would have been the titanium with the sports seats and suspention minus the chrome.

Oh and about 3 grand less.

titanium...

Keyless entry and ignition is enough on it's own to win that choice for me

zetec S, sorry but i dont like the chrome

I'll just stick with my Zetec thanks - budget doesn't stretch that far :(

I wanted a zetec S in hot magenta but they dont make it! I hate the chrome so priced up replacing the chrome with the black trim... downside is the front pod window and the rear windows have to be replaced as the chrome is part of the seals! but for £300-400 it will look alot nicer!!

CHROME = RANK!!!!

CHROME = RANK!!!!

I disagree, but black matt vinyl would solve that if you hate it that much, inexpensive and can be done by anyone who does vehicle signage / vinyl graphics

Personally I think the chrome finishes the car off and gives it that hint of executive-ness. IMO.

• Like 1

I also dont like chrome, another marmite moment here lol. I wouldnt say its rank though, it comes down to personal tastes again.

Chrome me up baby! :lol: I like both the Zetec and Titanium but Titanium was my choice as I thought the price was great. Plus I love the privacy windows.

Chrome looks right on the right colour and the right car.

I have a pic of the Fiesta, 3dr in Spa Metallic (Light gold, with chrome trim, looks fine to me. Not too much chrome)

Chrome me up baby! :lol: I like both the Zetec and Titanium but Titanium was my choice as I thought the price was great. Plus I love the privacy windows.

I love chrome too--I had chrome everything on my cooper s..............just a nightmare to keep shiny though!

Michelle's right though--it's purely down to personal taste. :)

Chrome should be left back in the 80'S. :lol:

Mind you, the 80'S are making a come back.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm not a big fan of chrome either - I also don't like the idea of keyless entry after the Top Gear episode where Clarkson managed to move Hammond's Mustang and park it in the middle of a busy road while the Hamster sat eating lunch in a diner!

Plus, with an other half who gets serious migraines and can have seizures when under coloured light, the ambient lighting in the Titanium is a big no no.

As I understand it, the electronic steering of the Zetec S has a different set of settings which can be added to the lower, firmer ride - can anyone confirm or refute this? Evidence comes from Car Magazine's review of the 1.6 engined models.

What about a compromise to make the ULTIMATE Fiesta?

1. Get a Fully specced Titanium X With ALL the options

2. Add the sport spoiler

3. Lower on Eibach springs

4. Add mountune engine upgrade

et voila! You have the Ultimate Fiesta!

When my fiesta finally arrives I will have complete step 1 and 2. Maybe in a few years I will complete 3 and 4.......

• Like 1

<puts on his anorak, clears throat for Alan Partridge voice...>

Ah well Jonny - don't forget the different settings for the steering as well! Ah ha!

I've just read my last post again - makes me sound rather geeky. :lol:

I've not heard anywhere about different steering on the "S", certainly nothing is mentioned in the official itinerary. It's possible but i'm sure if it were true Ford would mention it in the brochure or on their site, who knows...

Also I think Clarkson mentioned that the mustang keyless was fairly primitive. Not sure but I think the Fiesta keyless still has buttons on the fob so you can lock it from there to be sure

:)

I've not heard anywhere about different steering on the "S", certainly nothing is mentioned in the official itinerary. It's possible but i'm sure if it were true Ford would mention it in the brochure or on their site, who knows...

Also I think Clarkson mentioned that the mustang keyless was fairly primitive. Not sure but I think the Fiesta keyless still has buttons on the fob so you can lock it from there to be sure

Going by my mates focus you have to lock the doors from the fob, his car didnt come with the manual (company car) so he left the car unlocked for 2 weeks lol :lol:

Yep, it has buttons for lock, unlock and boot lock/unlock on the key fob and a real key hidden inside..

What about a compromise to make the ULTIMATE Fiesta?

1. Get a Fully specced Titanium X With ALL the options

2. Add the sport spoiler

3. Lower on eibach springs

4. Add mountune engine upgrade

et voila! You have the Ultimate Fiesta!

When my fiesta finally arrives I will have complete step 1 and 2. Maybe in a few years I will complete 3 and 4.......

Plus the sports seats!

Plus the sports seats!

Plus the *leather* sports seats!

Personally i would always always go for the Zetec S.

My personal opinion is the chrome looks really tacky on the side and the fog lights. That is the only thing i really hate about the titanium.

plus i am extremely happy with my ZS at the moment

I also don't like the idea of keyless entry after the Top Gear episode where Clarkson managed to move Hammond's Mustang and park it in the middle of a busy road while the Hamster sat eating lunch in a diner!

It was a Dodge Challenger IIRC

try doing that with a fiesta, NOT possible!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34yCk723YNM

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club