Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some new bulbs fitted to my Mk7

rocky1722

I appreciate your help but i'd also appreciate if you could make the effort to avoid typing in "txt tlk" ;)

I was attempting to eat my luncheon, wash my vehicle and get dressed for my next pupil whilst messaging on the forum, I happened to be in a little hurry! :lol:

woz dt beta!? :lol:

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bigjock

• WelshAde

• rocky1722

• irononreverse

the 'lights' in that pic in the bumper are actually the reflectors lit up by the camera flash :P

Exactly right FMC, that's just the reflection from my camera flash. ;)

One of the first things id like to do to my fiesta is change the map lights and the main interior light from the standard yellow colour to some sort of nice white/blue light, could someone be kind enough to link me to eBay or somewhere to get these please.

One of the first things id like to do to my fiesta is change the map lights and the main interior light from the standard yellow colour to some sort of nice white/blue light, could someone be kind enough to link me to ebay or somewhere to get these please.

hi mate i got them from ultimatemods.co.uk this is what i got -

Interior LED Bulb 501 T10 W5W

Options: Colour: Red x 3 (two for footwell and one for main light)

Options: Colour: White x 5 (2 for map light 2 for number plate and 1 for boot)

fitted them just now look great, not to bright just right strength of light. will get some pics up when next off. am going to keep the blue vidsions for sidelights as im not sure the leds will be bright enough. cheers.

hi mate i got them from ultimatemods.co.uk this is what i got -

Options: Colour: Red x 3 (two for footwell and one for main light)

Options: Colour: White x 5 (2 for map light 2 for number plate and 1 for boot)

fitted them just now look great, not to bright just right strength of light. will get some pics up when next off. am going to keep the blue vidsions for sidelights as im not sure the leds will be bright enough. cheers.

thanks mate, think i'll just do the inside for now, thankyou for your time

just to confirm, are these them

http://www.ultimatemods.co.uk/t10-capless-...-w5w-4xled.html

change of plans for me, i only have one light in the interior of mine the zetec s

rights chaps here's some pics, led sidelights now installed (very easy 5mins job). what have others been using as upgrades for main/full beam bulbs? interior red lights are perfect brightness for me and look great although its difficult to capture this in a photo.

just to recap for those interested bulbs used are -

Centre Roof Light - 1x Interior LED Bulb 501 T10 W5W (red) ultimatemods.co.uk

Map Lights - 2x Interior LED Bulb 501 T10 W5W (white) ultimatemods.co.uk

Footwell Lights - 2x Interior LED Bulb 501 T10 W5W (red) ultimatemods.co.uk

Number Plate Light 2x - 2x Interior LED Bulb 501 T10 W5W (white) ultimatemods.co.uk

Boot Light - 1x 2x Interior LED Bulb 501 T10 W5W (white) ultimatemods.co.uk

Sidelights - 2x SMD LED Sidelight bulbs Super Bright White 501 - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

And now the pics -

Roof Lights -

carpics011.jpg

carpics012.jpg

Interior Lights -

carpics030.jpg

carpics045.jpg

carpics051.jpg

And the rest -

Sidelights -

carpics056.jpg

carpics057.jpg

carpics016-1.jpg

carpics018-1.jpg

carpics023-1.jpg

Number Plate Light -

carpics062.jpg

carpics063.jpg

Apologies for the dirt, did'nt quite have time to wash it today. Comments gentleman, if you please......

Love the sidelights, i think il order some from ebay tonight.

Are they as blue in reality as they are in the photos?

id say they look better in the flesh, dont really notice the blue so much its more of a crisp bright white. just a pitty about the main lights as they are so yellow when you see them both on. the sidelights will look great as daylights on there own. still looking for bright white main lights but this bulb type main light the fiesta has is troubling me a bit. anyone changed them yet? i have used philips extreme before in my other car and was impressed with them but not sure if there's anything brighter these days.

i would like to replace the main bulbs as well, if i find anywhere to get them il let you know. I looked into an HID conversion kit but it appears that these are not road legal in the UK. Can anyone confirm this?

what is the difference between the 501 bulbs used for the number plate lights and the side lights?

i would like to replace the main bulbs as well, if i find anywhere to get them il let you know. I looked into an HID conversion kit but it appears that these are not road legal in the UK. Can anyone confirm this?

what is the difference between the 501 bulbs used for the number plate lights and the side lights?

the number plate ones have 4leds in a front cluster the sidelights have 5 leds on a matchstick type shaped thing one bulb top one bottom one left one right and one front - these are said to be super bright and by all accounts they are. i think im gonna go for philips x-treme power for the h7's and philips blue vision 4000k xenon/hid effect for the h1's (these are said to be best for blue tint). just checking cheapest place to buy and i will report back.

Any tips for removing the centre roof light cover?

I have a spare W5W red LED bulb here (a spare footwell light ;) ), and wanna change it for the white standard, but I have no idea how to remove the cover.

Thanks.

Any tips for removing the centre roof light cover?

I have a spare W5W red LED bulb here (a spare footwell light ;) ), and wanna change it for the white standard, but I have no idea how to remove the cover.

Thanks.

i used a blunt knife and wedged it out. start at the windscreen side and it should unclip then try the front side and just yank at it. its held in by metal pressure clips at the front side.

i used a blunt knife and wedged it out. start at the windscreen side and it should unclip then try the front side and just yank at it. its held in by metal pressure clips at the front side.

Cheers, i'll give it a go, but it sounds a bit extreme - just yank at it? If it's quite sturdy i guess it ok, just worried it might not go back on :(

Cheers, i'll give it a go, but it sounds a bit extreme - just yank at it? If it's quite sturdy i guess it ok, just worried it might not go back on :(

it'll be fine its got a load of clips holding it in, give it a bit of a twist here and there to help loosen it out. have to pull at a bit of an angle but it will free itself eventually lol

it'll be fine its got a load of clips holding it in, give it a bit of a twist here and there to help loosen it out. have to pull at a bit of an angle but it will free itself eventually lol

Just had a go and a clip snapped, I tried for a little longer but lost my bottle. Maybe in the daylight??

Does the bit with the controls come off too, or just the clear part?

Just had a go and a clip snapped, I tried for a little longer but lost my bottle. Maybe in the daylight??

Does the bit with the controls come off too, or just the clear part?

the whole thing will fall out not just the clear cover. when it comes out it will dangle from the 3 wires, just twist them one at a time and replace. its a bit fiddley but persistance is the key, dont let it defeat you lol

the number plate ones have 4leds in a front cluster the sidelights have 5 leds on a matchstick type shaped thing one bulb top one bottom one left one right and one front - these are said to be super bright and by all accounts they are. i think im gonna go for philips x-treme power for the h7's and philips blue vision 4000k xenon/hid effect for the h1's (these are said to be best for blue tint). just checking cheapest place to buy and i will report back.

please post some pictures when you put phillips x-treme power and bluevision,i also got some bright white led sidelights,but still waiting to buy some white h1 and h7,look forward to see how bluevisions and extreme power look

please post some pictures when you put phillips x-treme power and bluevision,i also got some bright white led sidelights,but still waiting to buy some white h1 and h7,look forward to see how bluevisions and extreme power look

the bluevisions will be here tuesday so pics of those up tuesday night the !Removed! xtreme powers are out of stock everywhere so its going to be a delay on those :angry: am i right in thinking the h1's (extremes) will only come on when i click on full beam or flash the stalk?

just ordered the Philips X-Treme Power H1 - for £22.50 including free pair of bluevision 501 bulbs from powerbulbs.com - should be here end of week hopefully, new stock expected dec.