Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some new bulbs fitted to my Mk7

rocky1722

evening lads, in process of changing/upgrading my bulbs. im sorted for the indictor bulbs, h7 + h1 and red footwell leds. Has anyone found silver coloured bulbs for the side repeaters? also anyone got a link for the good led side lights, rear lights, number plate lights, interior roof light and anything else led(able)! cheers guys direct web links would be great, sadly the original posts link are now expired.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bigjock

• WelshAde

• rocky1722

• irononreverse

Bigjock, see here, which provides good instructions on how to do it, although i'm not 100& sure you'll find the exact bulbs in this country or from where. Tyrefryer (also a member on here) has posted how to change all the bulbs, the mirrors are half way down page 5 in this thread, translation provided by Yahoo/Babelfish http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?d...TrUrl=Translate

Original thread here http://www.fiesta-ka-forum.de/umbaustories...fiesta-mk7.html

Bigjock, see here, which provides good instructions on how to do it, although i'm not 100& sure you'll find the exact bulbs in this country or from where. Tyrefryer (also a member on here) has posted how to change all the bulbs, the mirrors are half way down page 5 in this thread, translation provided by Yahoo/Babelfish http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?d...TrUrl=Translate

Original thread here http://www.fiesta-ka-forum.de/umbaustories...fiesta-mk7.html

thanks for that mate, the pics are very useful. pity the site he bought the bulbs from is Danish but i can compare them in his pics.

does anyone have the illuminated gear knob? is this and add on?

also, anyone know what bulb the centre roof light is it says w6w in the mannual but im having trouble locating it, i assume its a festoon bulb but not sure how many mm it is. cheers

update just been out to check, can confirm all roof lights, boot light, number plate light and footwell lights are w5w (501) have just bought a mixture of red and white quad leds and shall report back when all in situ. just tried 2 philips blue vision w5w's in the map lights and footwell and found them very impressive over the car original bulbs. shall post pics in due course.

just bought 4 red quad leds and 3 quad white leds this will cover footwells(red), roof lights(maps white, centre red) number plate (white) and boot light (red). got them for £16 delivered. shall take pics when they arrive.

Ah how useful the forum is!

Jock, good idea, get the pics up when you can it's good to see how these mods look!

rocky1722 very helpful with the photos etc, you should collate all of your instructions and photos and get it pinned as a "how-to" guide B)

Thanks,

Peter

I've just installed the Phillips BlueVision sidelight bulbs to my car, and they look MUCH better than the standard ones :D ..

Tried to take pics but it was dark and raining outside so I didn't get any worth uploading <_< Will get a few proper pictures of my car one day, once I've done some other little mods (de-tangod indicators etc) and when it's had a clean :lol: Silver seems a pretty rare colour for the Mk7 so they might be useful for reference purposes.

Chris

ok here's first pic showing blue vision 5w5 bulbs in the map lights and the standard bulb in the centre light. i plan to change the centre bulb to a red led when they arrive.

carpics018.jpg

next map lights on their own.

carpics019.jpg

carpics017.jpg

red light from cigar lighter is my griffin auto pilot (pleased it glows red)!!

carpics021.jpg

carpics027.jpg

other cabin pic

carpics023.jpg

shall get some other pics up when the new bulbs arrive in a few days. im very pleased with the map lights so far they make a huge difference to the look of the cabin over standard bulbs.

NOW UPDATED WITH FRONT AND REAR HEADLIGHTS NOW DONE

Fitted some new bulbs to my Mk7

2 pics of number plate lights before fitting new LED bulbs - creamy coloured :(

DSC03863.jpg

DSC03864.jpg

Now with a 5 x White LED bulb fitted to the drivers side number plate light - more of a crisp white, blue tinge :)

DSC03867.jpg

With both 5 x White LED bulbs fitted to both sides B)

DSC03870.jpg

Rear lights detango'd with Philips Silvervision PY21W Offset pin bulbs

Before

DSC03873.jpg

After

DSC03874.jpg

5 x White LED bulb fitted to interior light B)

DSC03878.jpg

Cheers,

Stephen.

This came up on another thread and you do have to be carefull changing the rear facing sidelights number plate lights. If they are too bright not only will you draw the attention of the police (I forget the exact words but the gist of it is "it is an offence to impede other road users vision with incorrect or distracting lighting" (doesn't apply to reversing lights or indicators which are meant to warn others) and secondly somebody following you screws up and runs into your rear (clearly their fault in most cases) suddenly your brighter than normal lights can be used as an excuse for impairing the drivers vision and any insurance company worth its salt will take that excuse to invalidate your insurance. The insureres then can split the cost of the others car between them and save a fortune simply be declaring you in default and 100% to blame.

I like! B)

hi

noticed you have two rear fog lights on is that standard on the zetec s as my titanium only lights up one as a mate questioned she only had one on her style + so i had to check mine.

regards paul

hi

noticed you have two rear fog lights on is that standard on the zetec s as my titanium only lights up one as a mate questioned she only had one on her style + so i had to check mine.

regards paul

most new cars will be wired up for two but only have one bulb. this is because they are the same brightness as break lights and can be easliy confused as these in some situation. some idiots would leave them on believing they are "motorway lights". the dazzle emitted from them caused many accidents. as a result it was concluded that one fog light would confirm to rear drivers that it was indeed a fog light and not break lights. i guess there is no harm in having two so long as you use them appropriately (thick fog). i shall probo add the bulb when im next in at the other bulbs as i believe in thick fog the more lights the better!

hi

regards paul

the 'lights' in that pic in the bumper are actually the reflectors lit up by the camera flash :P

You're quite right, the Fiesta only has one fog light, and I believe there is only one bulb holder in the rear clusters, preventing the addition of a second bulb on the nearside :wacko:

How easy is it to change the number plate light on these? I have got the bulbs and had a quick look at the lamps yesterday and it looks a little fiddley.

Any tips or tricks??

Very nice, will be doing similar with the Zetec S when it arrives.

As a mechanic, heres a trick for getting them rear lights out...those wing nuts are real tight...but if you get ya mits on em, try to undo, then give the light unit a firm tap in and it will give the momentary movement for the wingnut to come loose without slipping a loosing the end of ya finger!

I would love to see some HID lights in there, but law states you gota have self leveling light system and headlight washers. quite a job then.

Have to admit tho, the mk7 headlights do already look pretty funky!

Piggy :)

Just a note on the whole brightness thing...basically they need to be the same rated wattage...if they are, no one really can argue about it.

The leds just emit a purer light, but ensure wattage is same.

Just a note on the whole brightness thing...basically they need to be the same rated wattage...if they are, no one really can argue about it.

The leds just emit a purer light, but ensure wattage is same.

Interesting to know that. :)

So are the LEDs that people are fitting to the number plates the same wattage? :unsure:

Very nice, will be doing similar with the Zetec S when it arrives.

As a mechanic, heres a trick for getting them rear lights out...those wing nuts are real tight...but if you get ya mits on em, try to undo, then give the light unit a firm tap in and it will give the momentary movement for the wingnut to come loose without slipping a loosing the end of ya finger!

I would love to see some HID lights in there, but law states you gota have self leveling light system and headlight washers. quite a job then.

Have to admit tho, the mk7 headlights do already look pretty funky!

Thanks I will give it a go later what about the little number plate lights on my old C2 I had to remove the whole lamp is this the same on the fiesta?

Number plate lights are just two screws normally, then you got access to the bulb, but the mk7 festa is just a clip on/out cover.

Small screwdriver, theres a little slot on one end, quick flick and the cover be out, access to bulb!

Interesting to know that. :)

So are the LEDs that people are fitting to the number plates the same wattage? :unsure:

Some probably could be lower wattage, because of the intensity of the LEDs, but you really wouldnt wana be any higher.

Number plate lights are just two screws normally, then you got access to the bulb, but the mk7 festa is just a clip on/out cover.

Small screwdriver, theres a little slot on one end, quick flick and the cover be out, access to bulb!

I thought it was but thanks for the info its good advice

appy t elp

I appreciate your help but i'd also appreciate if you could make the effort to avoid typing in "txt tlk" ;)