Do Not Sell My Personal Information

56Plate Fiesta 1.6Tdci Running Lumpy, And Bad Idle

finn86

I have myself a mk6 (56 plate) fiesta. 1.6tdci

my issue is, it idles lumpy, and this morning it wouldn't even idle, it would just cut out, and struggle to start.

also if u park it facing up hill a little, the fuel system will need bleeding, I've become a pro at doing this now.

what I've done so far, the egr valve was faulty and has been replaced with a new one, i have also bought a blanking plate which still needs to be fitted.

also so cleaner has been added to the last tank of fuel.

i have read that an O ring set can be bought to replace all the fuel systems O rings, as this is what i thinks wrong with the hill parking, but the rough idle i lost on, could it be an air sensor or idle sensor?

any help would be great.

thanks in advance

have you considered the fuel filter? this time of year the contaminents and the cold make for a bad combination and can restrict fuel flow causing similar issues and cutting out under load?

A leaking filter seal can cause air to seep into the fuel system allowing the fuel to flow back out of the lines.

Thanks for the reply's guys.

when i changed the egr valve, i did mean to change the fuel filter, but for some reason never got round it, but yes i would agree it would be a cheap thing to try.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club