Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Titanium, X Pack, Dress Kit

Ronnie Roberts

I'm glad I'm getting them done at the dealer now. Although you would think that the factory ones would have been better. Anyhow, I will see when I get it on Wednesday.

il just take mine to bodyshop and ask nicly to have them taken out and painted!

look shocking in black against the hot magenta car!! (no offence mr hedgepig!!!)

How much do you think it would cost to colour code factory fit parking sensors? By the looks of it there are only two that would need coding. It it actually possible to code them also? Would they still work? Maybe there is some sort of reason why they arent coded....?

How much do you think it would cost to colour code factory fit parking sensors? By the looks of it there are only two that would need coding. It it actually possible to code them also? Would they still work? Maybe there is some sort of reason why they arent coded....?

Thats what i wondered... as Ford always coded at factory before... there may a good reason why they don't do it now?

As to getting just the rear ones and getting them colour coded at the dealers, they want to charge me £300 just for the rear

sensors and say they are unable to do the front ones? Has anyone here got the front sensors and care to comment on them?

Also i note that h the Xvision front ones that are dealer fitted its possible to switch them off so as not to be annoying in traffic.

Can the factory fit ones also be turned off? Also does the beep come from a different place and/or have a different tone to the rear ones?

I don't know what to do now... and only have a couple of days to make my mind up.

plunder

I had front sensors (all round sensors in fact) on my merc 4x4, they were a godsend on a car that size, when manouving out of parking spaces, turning around in tight areas etc, but really on our little fez's they are not needed - I dont even think rear ones are, the visibility and turning circle on our cars is great, I saw a hot magenta in homebase yesterday had black sensors which looked ok on the black diffuser panel, but then two black ones either side on the coloured bumpers - I didnt like that one bit.

I've seen photos of a couple of white Zetec S's from another forum where the rear parking sensors are colour coded. However im not sure if these were done at the factory.

If you look in the gallery you can see some front sensors, there only seems to be two and they are mounted inside the front grille, just under the number plate on either side. So it will make no difference with colour coding. The rear ones will come black from the factory. Your dealer may colour code them but i am not sure if that can be done with the factory fit ones. Ask your dealer.

Look at my gallery. The 2 inside sensors are fine in black but the outer ones don't look good in any colour of car other than black. Even then its a poor effort by Ford. I picked a black car to match he black sensors.

look shocking in black against the hot magenta car!! (no offence mr hedgepig!!!)

Agreed, I must admit that I was a bit pigged off when I realised they weren't colour coded.

I'm certainly not going to pay any more to have them done though.

And they do what it says on the tin so..........no problem! :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club