Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Start Of My Slow Project

andylaw769

My focus 2.0 tdci ghia standard and not looked after well in my opinion so here she is the day I got her post-48857-139049890361_thumb.jpg

So as you can see standard car do I quickly had to sort the wall but dash out as I'm not 55 yet ;) lol

So I brought some new knobs and wrapped it gloss black post-48857-139049903217_thumb.jpg

Then Christmas came and my missis kindly got it tinted for me and I took the badges off post-48857-139049911945_thumb.jpg

So my plans are st alloys skirts and rear spoiler, drop 40mm front and rear bumper extensions post-48857-139049927919_thumb.jpg

post-48857-139049930229_thumb.jpg

Sorry about the poor pictures

post-48857-139049933202_thumb.jpg

post-48857-139049936024_thumb.jpg

post-48857-13904994035_thumb.jpg

This is what ild like to end up with thanks for looking :) the focus needs work just bear with me :( my previous cars were a little special work required me to get a diesel post-48857-139049948599_thumb.jpg

Astra Vxr running 290 bhp

post-48857-139049952329_thumb.jpg

Megane sport running 270 bhp

post-48857-139049956827_thumb.jpg

Mk4 golf 1.8t running 230 bhp thanks for looking ;)

I can see your pics

What are your plans for the Focus, power-wise?

;) woohoo just not showing on my phone. I'm not sure as yet to be honest as I've never tuned a diesel ? Map air filter and maybe exhaust . Open to suggestions needs a set of nice wheels desperately :(

;) woohoo just not showing on my phone. I'm not sure as yet to be honest as I've never tuned a diesel ? Map air filter and maybe exhaust . Open to suggestions needs a set of nice wheels desperately :(

Why not do an ST replica - it would be nice to see one based on a quick(ish) diesel

Why not do an ST replica - it would be nice to see one based on a quick(ish) diesel

+1 Been toying with performance upgrades on mine for a while now that the ST looks are pretty much done, but just never got round to it. Haven't heard much about the benefits from, say an intercooler and re-map on our 2.0 TDCi engines.

'Quoted' figures suggest 170s from a remap, so maybe with an intercooler and air filter it could be up round 180, what you reckon? 180 with plenty of torque would probably keep me happy...still not quite in the league of some of your previous cars though, nice history there! (Including the VXR, but don't tell anyone on here that!)

Lol ;) I'm liking the sound of 180 horse ;) I'll keep the Vxr thing quiet :) just need some styling mods first as standard I'm not liking the car at the min :(

I was the exact same mate. When I got my car it was lowered and on aftermarket 18s, but they were pretty scruffy and I wasn't keen on the standard plastics and bumper valances. Always wanted to make some improvements and I was lucky enough to gather up ST parts at good prices and then get them sprayed and fitted, but it was a long process over about a year and a half from purchase to having the kit fitted.

If you click on the link in my signature below, you'll see my build thread (which has been very quiet for quite a while now!) and see the slow progress I made and the difference in the car from when I got it to how it stands now.

I've been doing big enough miles for the whole 10 years or so I've been driving, so haven't yet had the joys of a hot hatch, but as soon as my circumstances ever allow (unlikely, but I can dream!) I'll be getting something fast and thirsty! I've put 68k miles on my Focus in the 27 months I've owned it, so about 30k a year...not a chance of running something at about 25mpg! But 170-180 with plenty of torque but still with 45mpg would be a decent compromise!

I know I just can't wIt to improve the look of the focus but I do really miss the power :( the Vxr was all or nothing wasn't to impressed with the power delivery but the megane was lovely smooth n powerful all the way through. I've got my fingers crossed that my missis dads upgrading his megane rs250 to the new focus rs ;) just let's see if he will let me loose in it :/ I'll take a look at your build thread now ;)

Check out this ST rear bumper...not 100% sure on colour match to yours but might be worth asking about as it could save you needing to paint. Also note that it's for a Mk2.5 facelift so you'd need the proper fog/reverse lights and their connectors, but just thought it might be of interest.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-ST-bumper-/151220907265?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item233577ed01

Jeez you didn't hang about! Nice one! Hope it's already in your colour and you got a good deal.

As said, you'll need facelift fog/reverse lights and the connectors for them, so a scrappies is prob your best bet, but here's a pair on eBay and apparently they don't come up there too often, as Ben could testify to!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-MK2-HATCHBACK-2008-2011-BULB-HOLDER-BAYONET-FOR-REVERSE-OR-FOG-LIGHTS-/261383752368?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AFocus&hash=item3cdbaf8ab0

All you'll need then is a custom twin exit exhaust to fill the bumper cutouts and an ST spoiler to complete the rear end! ;)

PS Here's one of the first ST rep builds I ever came across and I think it's in your colour so might give you and idea of how it could look! 5 door skirts can be as rare as rockin horse dung though, so keep your eye out for them!

liking what you have done so far.

like the other cars you had.

will be watching this wit intrest

Nice one pal, looks well. Pretty quick start to a slow process! ;)

The ST exhaust isn't a straight fit unfortunately...

The ST didn't have a spare wheel well, so the big centre back box you see on the ST exhaust takes up this space on the ST. You wouldn't be able to fit the ST exhaust as there probably isn't enough clearance for it under the wheel well. You could either go down the full custom route (anything from £300-500), get a local indy to knock you something up (me and salsheikh have done this for our ST rear bumpers) for a lot less, or just get the one side 'plumbed' in and a matching dummy tailpipe on the other side, which should be even less costly again..

Alloys sorted for end of this month ;) woohoo bumper arrived yday but is different colour and poor finish so it will be off to the paint shop soon ;)

nice one fella look forwared to pics

Quick question ( I'm going to sound like a right ford virgin) but the bumper I brought ^ I didn't ask the guy weather it was a pre facelift model ( as my car is ) but would this cause a problem if it was a facelift rear bumper ?? ( I know face lift means front lol ) but I didn't know if it was different ?? Thanks people

Facelift bumpers will fit but the rear has different shape reverse/fog lights and the bulb holders to them are different.

The bumper physically swaps over just fine.

Superb thanks mate :) problem now tho is a knocking noise from the rear any one any ideas before I start replacing things. ? Is there any common faults :(