Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Start Of My Slow Project

andylaw769

Picked up my st spoiler today but no brake light has anyone got one for sale or know where I can get one reasonable ? :)

Ford charge about £48 for them (Finis 1535269).

Couple on eBay but not apparrent if the first one has the wiring and plug on them to splice to the original wiring but the second one certainly does (essential bit or you'll have trouble fitting the light as the pluhs are different from the standard Focus ones).-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111274142157?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261364192847?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Just in case you need it here's the official Ford fitting guide that comes with the spoiler if bought from them as an upgrade kit-

post-28494-0-66672900-1391977309_thumb.j

post-28494-0-43311800-1391977318_thumb.j

post-28494-0-78282000-1391977324_thumb.j

Hi mate, aint been on in a few days so just seen your message there...

Quick question ( I'm going to sound like a right ford virgin) but the bumper I brought ^ I didn't ask the guy weather it was a pre facelift model ( as my car is ) but would this cause a problem if it was a facelift rear bumper ?? ( I know face lift means front lol ) but I didn't know if it was different ?? Thanks people

We refer to facelift as the whole car. I think practically all the panels are different between the two, but essentially interchangeable as everything underneath is the same. When I posted the link to the bumper on eBay I did state in two posts that it was from a facelift, so you'd need the facelift fog and reverse lights and their connectors as Clive confirmed, so hopefully you're able to source them ok. Will look well when fitted!

problem now tho is a knocking noise from the rear any one any ideas before I start replacing things. ? Is there any common faults :(

Bushes or rear drop links would be your best place to start looking I reckon. Not sure how common either of those are, but think both would give a knocking noise at the rear when going over bumps and that.

Picked up my st spoiler today but no brake light has anyone got one for sale or know where I can get one reasonable ? :)

Nice one on the spoiler! Best place to probably get the light is eBay, and as Clive says, the plug would be useful also as it's a different shaped plug on the ST brake light than that on the standard one. However, a couple of spade connectors and a bit of wire works just as well. When I picked up my RS spoiler it had the clear brake light fitted, but no plug. Instead, the previous owner had just joined wire to their standard wiring with a couple of female spade connectors on the end, slid these on to the pins inside the brake light plug and job's a good 'un! Only thing I did different was fit male connectors to the other end of the wire and inserted them into my standard plug. That way no cutting or splicing and easy to remove and revert back to standard if ever required or desired!

• 4 weeks later...

post-48857-139404698807_thumb.jpg

Please excuse the dirty focus but I used fly eye today and wrapped the rear lights. Getting st spoiler and bumper painted in 2 weeks And picking alloys up Saturday ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

liking the look of the fly eyes rear light goes well with the tinted window

The brake light arrived for you yeah?

Ollie

Hi mate yes thank you 3?

Good just checking !

Sorry about that was my missus messing about !! I'll start again yea cheers mate I got it spot on thank you :) looking forward to get it fitted :)

• Like 1

Sorry about that was my missus messing about !! I'll start again yea cheers mate I got it spot on thank you :) looking forward to get it fitted :)

Haha...

That's cool!

Nice one ...

I will keep an eye on your thread buddie, didn't even realise you had one going !!

Cheers mate :) hopefully look nice when it's finished :) I fitted some puddle lights but not to keen about splitting the rubber through the door :(

• 2 weeks later...

Help please :) I'm after some face lift rear fog lights / reverse lights for a rear bumper I've looked on eBay but can't seem to find any ( or I'm not looking at the right ones ) can any one help please ? And other than lights is there anything else I need ?? :)

I have a spare rear fog for facelift mk2 if you want it

Up date :) got an absolute bargain today looks ten times better :)attachicon.gifImageUploadedByFord OC1395412670.681794.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByFord OC1395412689.381100.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByFord OC1395412701.080623.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByFord OC1395412715.030176.jpg

Comments welcome :)

Nice one !!! How much you get them for ??

260 inclusive tyres :)

Whaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Jammy ;-)

liking the wheels and they have made a big difference front the stock ones